RE: new gear or boats for 2011

finally found a drain plug kit at the new sporting goods store that opened the other day, why would they not install these at the factory. took about five minutes to install and hopefully work better than trying to slosh it out of the cockpit, installed it on the transom but saw one at store mounted on deck next to the seat - may install one there too.

This post was edited

ok not to sound like a commercial or anything and not a endorsement but if you have a academy sporting good store near you they have fantastic prices on kayaks and paddles and gears, i'm saving my pennies for a sit on kayak and maybe another paddle. yes you can never have enough toys.

This post was edited

ok again not to be commercial again but has anyone bought one of the sit on inflatable kayaks at wally world,like $80 bucks they look kinda neat but wonder how they track and would be kinda great on a trip.

This post was edited

Well, Barb and I were finally able to get back on the water after a 3 week hiatus. A month ago we bought kayak style paddles specially designd for canoes made by a company called Bending Branch and have been dying to try them out. Let me tell you they are fantastic along with being beautiful (and a bit pricey). But after a day of paddling we've decided they are worth every penny. We hit our favorite lake and paddled to our skinny dipping spot and spent the day. I'll post a blog in the next day or two about our outing. A couple of surprises lol.

This post was edited

those are indeed nice paddles (googled them) i think the paddle may be more important than the boat as it amazes me what some people use for paddles. when buying a kayak or canoe people need to read reviews on the boat but just as important is the paddle especially a kayak paddle as length and shape and material is very important.

This post was edited