RE:New shower on deck

Outdoor showers are one of the best investments. We are adding one once we finish our outdoor kitchen. Looking forward to being able to shower off after using the pool or tanning without going into the house.

This post was edited

working on getting in the hot tub first and starting on a huge deck/entertainment area, the outdoor shower will be in the last section of the deck. Hopefully will have it done by the end of the winter. I have used an outdoor shower at nude resorts and at a friends house and am looking forward to getting it done.

This post was edited

Great job. Also like the walls on side. Gives me a good idea as the place I want to put mine is next to the AC condenser. Something like that would keep the water off of it and kind of hide it.

This post was edited
New shower beside deck

I recently noticed that I failed to post a photo of my new shower I installed and completed this summer after getting some advice and pointers from some of you. Thanks so much! We have throughly enjoyed it. One thing I did not consider was how easily the pipes can freeze if you don't drain them. We've only had about 3 nights where the temperature dropped below freezing but that was enough to freeze and burst the connection of the shower head. I thought I had left the water dripping enough to prevent freezin, but I was wrong.

This post was edited
RE:New shower beside deck

Just finished our outdoor shower a month and a half ago.. haven't showered inside since

This post was edited

Wild love an outdoor shower. Had one at a air bnb on vacation and it was great!!

This post was edited

I built one at our Florida home. The front of it faces the woods. It's a great natural setting. Relaxing. There's days from the heat that i used it more than once. I really should build one at our home up north.

This post was edited

We have a private patio walled on three sides and open to the forest beside us. I've hung an LP-fired demand hot water heater on the wall with a garden hose running to it from a shut-off valve and the shower head/hose coming out of it to a bracket on the wall. Temp is adjustable with a flame knob and a water pressure knob! It is a 5liter Ecco-Temp, costs about $125. Goes up in May and comes down in October to store for the winter. Easy! I shower there all summer, sometimes several times a day if I'm working and sweaty. The grandkids love it as well. I nearly cry at the end of the season when I have to take it down and use the bathroom indoors for the winter. . .

This post was edited

That's a bummer to have an outdoor shower but be blocked in. Might as well be using the one in the house. We have had some unexpected visitors come by on the trail between the shower and woods. Some I'm sure are intentual knowing that the shower is there. Some are very apologetic if they come across us. Technically they are trespassing through our property so nothing is usually made out of it. A couple of people has made comments about us enclosing it but that went over my head of course. I find the total outside freedom feeling to good to close off.

This post was edited