When I have to wear clothing.

When I have to wear clothing, I wear the least amount as I can get away with; I seldom wear more than t-shirt and shorts. Unless the situation absolutely requires shoes, I'm barefoot. Summer. Winter. Whatever.

As far as going commando is concerned, I haven't worn underwear for at least 30 years. I don't even own any. It's just something else to buy, store, launder, fold, and put away.

Underwear used to have a meaningful purpose. People bathed once a week -- at most. Outer clothing was washed even less often. A typical man might have one suit for daily wear and another for special occasions. Underclothing was used to help keep your outer clothing clean. And even underclothing wasn't washed very often. Men's dress shirts had removable cuffs and collars that could be removed, cleaned, and reattached.

I remember one of my dad's cousins getting onto her children for putting on clean underwear everyday -- increasing the amount of wash she had to do. But when was the last time you (or anyone you know) wore the same clothing for a month or two without washing it? When was the last time you (or anyone you know) went a week or more between bathing?

The need for underwear ceased a very long time ago -- yet, people still wear it.

This topic was edited
RE:When I have to wear clothing.

I also skip the shirt whenever I can get away with it.

This post was edited

I can see if if the is a medical problem . I still have mine seldom wear it. Bought some of the" wickimg" that suppose to help with moisture it did not. For clothing like some of you as little as possible

This post was edited

I finally gave up on underwear this past spring, including when wearing dress pants. I was concerned to begin with about we spots on my khakis, but after closely monitoring for a couple of days, I realized it wasn't going to be an issue.
I much prefer sans undergarments. I wear tank tees under my dress shirts but that has to do with keeping my nipples from poking thru my shirts - not very professional. But I switched from v neck to tank so that I could have as little on as possible while maintaining that professional look.
At home, I"m nude. When I go to the store or to walk for exercise, loose fitting shorts only, and, because in public I'm a bit bashful about my baby belly, I wear a very loose fitting tee shirt - as close to nude as I can get.
I'd love to be able to live and work in a community where I didn't have to wear clothes. Just hard to get the nametag to stick to my chest.

This post was edited

I finally gave up on underwear this past spring, including when wearing dress pants. I was concerned to begin with about we spots on my khakis, but after closely monitoring for a couple of days, I realized it wasn't going to be an issue.I much prefer sans undergarments. I wear tank tees under my dress shirts but that has to do with keeping my nipples from poking thru my shirts - not very professional. But I switched from v neck to tank so that I could have as little on as possible while maintaining that professional look.At home, I"m nude. When I go to the store or to walk for exercise, loose fitting shorts only, and, because in public I'm a bit bashful about my baby belly, I wear a very loose fitting tee shirt - as close to nude as I can get.I'd love to be able to live and work in a community where I didn't have to wear clothes. Just hard to get the nametag to stick to my chest.

Did you get rid of your underwear?

This post was edited

I'd love to be able to live and work in a community where I didn't have to wear clothes. Just hard to get the nametag to stick to my chest.

Tattoo?

This post was edited