How old were you when you had your real nudist experience?

My name is George Winlock and I am interested in knowing how old you were when you had your first real nudist experience. I know we were all born nude so that one does not count. Undressing or being nude in same sex situations like locker rooms or a cabin does not count. Being nude as a small child in front of relatives does not count.
If you were born into a nudist family and started out as a nudist that would count, but I dont think many of us started that way. It was something we decided to do after we became older. I am talking about your first visit to a nudist event or club.
I started in 1994 when I was 53. When I was younger I used to swim nude at the YMCA where the swims were for men & high school boys and the rule was nylon suits or no suits. When the Y went co-ed the rules were changed and suits (of any kind) were required. I was saddened because I thought my skinny-dipping days were over.
A few years later I found out about a nudist resort that was not all that far from my home and decided to give it a try. I fell in love with it and nudism on my first visit and joined the resort as soon as I could.
That is how I got my start as a nudist. I now am a member of a lot of nudist groups, attend a lot of nudist festivals/gatherings, and have been on nude cruises. I really enjoy the nudist way of living and now that I am retired I live in a clothing optional community where I can spend most of my time comfortably nude.
I would be interested in hearing your story

This topic was edited
RE: How old were you when you had your real nudist experience?

Like you, in my 50's.
Only because I didn't know who or where.
Internet has been a BIG help in that regard.
Grew up about 4 miles from a resort, but never knew it was there !

This post was edited

Well, I've been a kind of a closet nudist in my late 20's or so. I say "kind of" because it was no secret that I liked being nude, it was that I never really left the house nude. I had a prudish person in my life, who didn't mind if I was nude, but didn't want me to go to nudist resorts and such. It wasn't too long after we split up and I had a room mate who made jokes about covering up when she was on her way home from work and not to take my clothes off when company came over, things like that. Other than seeing me in my underwear a few times, I kept my clothes on in front of her....up until one Sunday morning a few years back. I just turned the water off from my shower when I heard her shout my name. I'm thinking, "Jeez! Let me at least dry off!" I went to wrap the towel around me, when I thought, let's see what her reaction will be....so I just held the towel in front of me, not really covering anything up and went out into the living room. Bev just started chattering away at whatever was going on. It took her a few minutes to realize I was practically nude. She sorted of made a motion like she was looking around the towel and we had a laugh about it! I thought if she was comfortable with that, I might as well get rid of the towel. I spent the whole day nude around her and she didn't mind a bit! It was so liberating! I crossed a threshold that day that I did have the courage to be nude around other people with no sexual vibes getting in the way. After that day, Bev rarely saw me with clothes on and it didn't make a bit of difference! Totally natural!
It wasn't too long after that, that I started going to Turtle Lake and I found this wonderful site with so many like minded people! I love my nudist life!

This post was edited

Late bloomer here. Didn't start until I was 61 years old; I'm almost 63 now. I went to the local clothing optional beach and have been a beach nudist for the past two summers.

This post was edited

Growing up in So. Fl I was almost nude most of my childhood - just a pair of shorts - skinny dipped with the neighborhood kids all summer long as we'd hang out allday and when we got hot - just found the closest pool and stripped and jumped in. Wen to my first resort at age 16 with my GF's family who were confirmed nudists. Had a blast and have never looked back - Travelled to Europe for the first time at 16/17 years old and enjoyed as many beaches as I could get to - nothing better than being on the beach with no sand caught in the shorts!

This post was edited
RE: How old were you when you had your first real nudist experience?

My nudism began when I was a teenager in the 70's, but it only consisted of being nude in the woods alone. My first social nudity was in the early 80's when I was stationed in California. I visited Blacks Beach and San Onofre numerous times. My first visit to a resort was in the early 90's when my then-wife and I visited Hidden Valley Resort, now known as Paradise Valley.

This post was edited

I was 21. At home one night with my Fiance, browsing on the computer for interesting things we could do together to help free us up from our then-boring life and help us make some nice friends.

I said to him "I wonder what it would be like to go to a nudist resort" and that was that. Not very interesting. Turns out we really enjoyed it since we were nude at home ALL the time anyways.

This post was edited

I was 19 for my first social nudist experience. I always hated sleeping in clothes and very much disliked tight constricting clothes as well. The feeling of the air and water on all of me was liberating.

This post was edited

First Nudist experience was 19 yrs ago on our honeymoon on a cruise stop in St. Martin. I kept bugging my wife to go to a nude beach so we decided to go to Long Beach (I think it's the name right next to Cupecoy). It wasn't too busy, but we were there for 30 minutes before we finally decided to both shed the suits. On the remainder of that trip and the two consecutive cruises it became a game for us to find the nude beach at each stop if there was one.

This post was edited

Born and lived in a naturist family to this day. [size= 8.33333px]But at age 16 I had my first real summer job. At the end of the summer we had a night party at the lake and ended up going for a swim. After a few minutes in the water, I got rid of the bathing suit and threw it on the deck... others laughed, but did the same. The first to get out on the deck, I just forgot to put the suit on...really.[/size]
The other ones stopped talking... then 2 girls came out from the water and simply did the same, carrying their suit to the chalet and the rest of the group doing the same... just 3 of them seemed to be hesitant... but I guess peer pressure did it.
First time I did realize the impact you can have on others, with calm and confidence.

This post was edited

Born and lived in a naturist family to this day. [size= 8.33333px]But at age 16 I had my first real summer job. At the end of the summer we had a night party at the lake and ended up going for a swim. After a few minutes in the water, I got rid of the bathing suit and threw it on the deck... others laughed, but did the same. The first to get out on the deck, I just forgot to put the suit on...really.[/size]
The other ones stopped talking... then 2 girls came out from the water and simply did the same, carrying their suit to the chalet and the rest of the group doing the same... just 3 of them seemed to be hesitant... but I guess peer pressure did it.
First time I did realize the impact you can have on others, with calm and confidence.

This post was edited