How come 60 in the winter feels like 80 in the summer?

I not one who likes the cold at all. But I do hate having to wear a layer when I don't have to.
In the winter, when the mercury is above 60 with no breeze, it feels great! But in the summer, I'm in a robe when it's the same temperature.
I guess it's just because I'm so desperate for some outdoor nude time and to suck up a little sun.
Anyone else the same way?

This topic was edited
RE:How come 60 in the winter feels like 80 in the summer?

Yes.. I also notice it spring and fall.
I will be nude outdoors in April and May at temperatures that would be too low for me to do so in September and October.

This post was edited

I have been so desperate for my nude time that I have walked the beach in 65* weather just to get my time in. If the wind isnt blowing then 65 in the sun isnt bad at all.

This post was edited

Temperature is a relative thing.

In Iceland, I once laid out on a picnic table long enough to get a rather good sunburn. The high for the day was 32F. There was no wind. It was a great day. In Saudi Arabia, I left a friends house around midnight, and thought to myself it was rather nice out. A banks electronic sign reported the temperature as 99F. It had dropped below 100, after being around 120 in the afternoon sun and the breeze was coming off the desert (dry) rather than the ocean (wet).

You acclimate. Here in the St Louis area, it was a bright sunny day in the high 50's on Christmas day with no breeze. I laid out for about 4 hours. In July/August here, if the temperature dropped in the 50's, I'd have a coat on.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Mid 60s in NJ today. Nude on my deck as I type this. Probably wouldn't be in
May through October.

This post was edited

You are not alone my friend; naked at 75 degrees in the summer and bundled up and shivering in the winter with the heat up to 75 - makes no freakin' sense.

Maybe because we're on the "mature" side? I wasn't such as wuss when I was younger...

This post was edited

You are not alone my friend; naked at 75 degrees in the summer and bundled up and shivering in the winter with the heat up to 75 - makes no freakin' sense.Maybe because we're on the "mature" side? I wasn't such as wuss when I was younger...

I think this is the opposite of what most of the responders were saying, or at least me.

This post was edited

I was at Mira Vista in Tucson on Saturday. it was in the high 50's and the resort was close to empty. I shared the hot tub with about 6 people and they all said it was too cold to be outside. There was about 15 people in the bar during happy hour but all were dressed. I only wore a towel and people though I was crazy not having anything on. It was warm to me.

This post was edited

Acclimatization of our bodies and humidity. When the body gets accustomed to generating heat in cold weather, it warms up a bit and feels very warm. It gets used to cooling itself in hot weather and then it cools down a bit and feels chilly. But it can be much higher temp when it feels chilly in the summer, than when it feels warm in the winter. It takes several day for our bodies to switch, so when the weather changes quickly it leaves us feeling hot or cold, depending on which way it changes, until our body catches up and adjusts.
That's why one can go from a cool climate to a warm climate and feel like it's nice and warm, while everyone who is accustomed to the warm climate feels chilly because it cooled down on them a bit.

Then there's humidity. High humidity makes cold feel much colder, and heat feel much hotter, because moisture in the air transfers temperature to and away from our skin surface faster than dry air.

Movement of air. The more it moves the more it transfers temperature to and away from objects. Therefore moving air feels colder when it's below our body temp.

Evaporative cooling. The dryer the air the faster it evaporates moisture and that cools the surface it's evaporating from. Which makes it hard to keep cool in humid climates with low evaporation rate, more necessary to maximize every element possible to reduce body heat buildup. Naked work is especially beneficial in humid climate to make use of every available breeze. And keep cool water handy. It's nice to get wet often in cool water, and wearing fabric just makes that feel clammy and sloppy.

This post was edited

Sunny, no wind, 40F. Perfect hot tub time.

This post was edited