First trip to Gunnison

Wife and I are headed to Gunnison Beach in early June. From what I've found online, looks like you park and lot G trek east to the beach. Any ideas how busy it would be on a Sunday afternoon / Monday morning? Some articles I read said it can get quite crowded during peak season, but wasn't sure when that kicked off.

This topic was edited
RE:First trip to Gunnison

Sunday afternoon would be very crowded.
You might have to park at another beach and walk.
Monday should be much less crowded.

This post was edited

During peak season we tend to get there very early....before 7am.....on weekends....during the week it is much less crowded. There is a fee to get into Sandy Hook from memorial day to labor day but if you arrive before 7am u don't have to pay.

This post was edited

During peak season we tend to get there very early....before 7am.....on weekends....during the week it is much less crowded. There is a fee to get into Sandy Hook from memorial day to labor day but if you arrive before 7am u don't have to pay.

am hoping to put together a group nude-in for the spring. a great way to meet new folks from TN... :)

This post was edited

Has anyone been to Gunnison since the various pandemic restrictions have been put in place? From what I was able to find, the park and beaches are open, with limitations. Just hoping to see if anyone has had any 1st hand experience.

Thanks

This post was edited

No first hand experience.
Website says parking at 50% capacity, no group sports or picnics, no food trucks.
NJ had a social distancing requirement of minimum of 6' between groups and masks preferred.
While I guess this would not apply to an National Recreation area, it is probably better to be safe.

This post was edited

Was wondering the same thing

This post was edited

I am wondering when the 50 percent capacity will be lifted. In past Summers, even with 100 percent capacity, the parking lots would fill up and people would be not allowed into the park until someone leaves. 50 percent capacity almost assures a good chance of not even getting into the park. Sadly, unless something changes fast, this Summer will be a bit of a bust at Gunnison. Just need to wait until after Labor Day when all of the tourists go home and the beach slows way down to a much less populated place of locals only.

This post was edited

Doesn't help if you can't get off from work, but the parking lot is often less than half full on weekdays.

This post was edited