Pics then versus now

Unless you were a professional photog or a really committed amateur having your pics developed required a lot of boldness and trust. I remember back in college a gal I worked with was in charge of sending pictures all of the pics brought into the store out for development. Her neighbor's pics came back in and she decide to look at them. We were both shocked that she and her husband were out in the woods taking sexy naked pictures of each other. Back then it wasn't something that was as prevalent as today with our digital cameras. It was the first time I'd seen such amateur pics and really loved the idea.

This topic was edited
RE:Pics then versus now

I love how the women and men back then pretty much always kept their pubes natural.

This post was edited

Keeping their hair was normal and it was unusual to see women or men who were clean shaven. That's one of the things that makes these pictures so interesting.

This post was edited

Back in the 1970's I was an aspiring artist in a life class. The model caused a spontaneous gasp from all the artists as he took off his robe. His pubes were shaved!!! Not only that - there was a big tattoo where his pubes would have been.

This post was edited

Back in the 1970's I was an aspiring artist in a life class. The model caused a spontaneous gasp from all the artists as he took off his robe. His pubes were shaved!!! Not only that - there was a big tattoo where his pubes would have been.

It's interesting how things have since changed. I'm starting to see more and more younger girls and guys who are keeping their hair and staying with the natural look. I wonder if it's gonna make a strong comeback?

This post was edited

I love how the women and men back then pretty much always kept their pubes natural.Back during the 1920s and 30s, it had become fashionable for women to shave their pubes, pretty much like happened in the 2000s. I think it's a cyclical generation thing.

This post was edited

I love how the women and men back then pretty much always kept their pubes natural.Back during the 1920s and 30s, it had become fashionable for women to shave their pubes, pretty much like happened in the 2000s. I think it's a cyclical generation thing.

Wow, I did not know that! Do you have a source for that data? I wold love to see some vintage photos from that era.

That said, I'm going on 68, and even after spending six years in the Navy back in the late 70s, I still have no tattoos. I fear my mom coming back from the dead and haunting me if I do! :D

This post was edited

Back in the 1970's I was an aspiring artist in a life class. The model caused a spontaneous gasp from all the artists as he took off his robe. His pubes were shaved!!! Not only that - there was a big tattoo where his pubes would have been.It's interesting how things have since changed. I'm starting to see more and more younger girls and guys who are keeping their hair and staying with the natural look. I wonder if it's gonna make a strong comeback?

That seems to be the case, although, with women wearing skimpy swimwear theyre doing some grooming.

This post was edited

One thing consistent through the years, the majority of photos have females as subjects.

This post was edited

Greetings all,

Shaved pubs, on women in particular, was a fad in the late 1890s to about 1910 or so. While traveling in Europe, I have been able to pick up half of dozen photography books with hundreds of pictures from as far back mid 1800s. Of course with the camera, came the first nude photographs. Joseph Niepce is created with the first (or longest surviving) pictures taken with a camera in about 1826. Not long after that the first nude photographs were taken. Quite often the scene was setup to look as if it was a painting.

I have tried with some moderate success to take current photos and using Photoshop retrograde them. It takes a lot of trial and error.

Larry

This post was edited

Here is an example of one photograph on which I have been working. The original was taken with color film and then digitized. After that I started playing with Photoshop applications. The focus is still too sharp, but I am getting closer on contrast.

This post was edited