1911 Sidearm

Anyone else a fan of the 1911 platform? What brands do yall have?

This topic was edited
RE:1911 Sidearm

Im a fan of the 1911. Unfortunately, I dont own one. Yet. My goal is to buy one later this year chambered in 45 ACP. Rock Island Armorys GI series is appealing, except for the sights. I want 3 dot sights for a better sight picture. Im also leaning towards a 4.25 barrel. The two models that fit my criteria and budget the best are the Sig Sauer Nightmare(Fastback) and the Ruger SR1911 with a black finish. Im not sure Ill carry a 1911 due the the weight and size. But, if it was good enough for a soldier to defend himself with, it should be good for anyone else.

This post was edited

Im a fan of the 1911. Unfortunately, I dont own one. Yet. My goal is to buy one later this year chambered in 45 ACP.

Have you gotten a 1911 yet? I too, am a fan of the 1911 platform, so I am wondering what you may have decided on and why.

This post was edited

I havent acquired any handguns this year, so far. Prices are inflated and ammo is sometimes scarce.

This post was edited

Thanks for the reply. I hear you on people going nuts lately on buying up guns & ammo that they had never wanted before. I found me a Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911 back in Feb. at a gun show for under $500. Haven't had any problems with it so far. I did take the time to polish the feed ramp just for S&G's, though.

This post was edited

Sounds like you got a good deal. Youd probably pay at least $150 more for that firearm right now.

This post was edited

Youd probably pay at least $150 more for that firearm right now.

No I wouldn't, for $150 more he would have kept it, even right now. I wasn't really looking to buy one that day, but for the price point I decided to go ahead and get it. Got a few magazines for it from another vendor, too.

This post was edited

Anyone else a fan of the 1911 platform? What brands do yall have?

What brand do YOU have? You never mentioned that. What caliber is it chambered for?

This post was edited

I have 3 1911 pistols, a Colt series 70 Gold Cup in 45 ACP, an Armscor 45 ACP, and an RIA 38 Super.

This post was edited