Good Morning!

This is by far my favorite group. I like to check it in the morning with my cup of coffee. I had to upload a picture of me in a hotel in Boston enjoying my coffee and paper.

This topic was edited
RE:Good Morning!

Yes. I hear you on the sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesnt. I do the same and go down for the good coffee, then come back to the room. (In room coffee is never the same) Also when I travel, I ask for the highest floor room so I can open the curtains and enjoy the view. I figure if I am high up, I will always have a good view. Also, less people can see in. I am sure someone has caught a glimpse of us at one point or another. But this time I am in Boston with a temp of 33degrees. This California guy cant handle the cold. But they do have a steam room that I warmed up in last night after dinner. Always the best way to warm up.

This post was edited

Haha. Yes. Vegas is a different kind of place.
I have not mentioned I was a nudist to anyone yet. That would be interesting.

This post was edited

Its ok. This is till my favorite group to visit.

This post was edited

Its ok. This is till my favorite group to visit.

This post was edited

I try and keep my groups limited to those I feel are real nudists and to those real nudists that participate in conversations/discussions. Even if it's a simple, " Good Morning, how's everyone's day so far?" This seems to be a favorite group as well as my Coffee Naked Anytime of Day group. I get the most requests to join these two groups but I don't let everyone join.

Chilly morning but having agreed to a goal set by a nudist friend on another site, I got my coffee and sat out on the porch with my robe open. I then got my second cup of coffee and sat on the patio with the robe off BUT... have a propane heater out there so it's warm enough to be fully naked outside. It'll warm up next week and I should be able to put the heater away for several months!

This post was edited

Sitting outside having coffee and listening to nature and all of a sudden, everything got quiet and then the ground shook for about 2 or 3 seconds. Alls good now but wonder if it was a small earthquake.

Just had an alert on my weather app on phone that yeas indeed an earthquake did happen in NC.

This post was edited

What amazes me is the animals early warning system that alerts them to a potential disaster. I suspect our civilized sensory systems have become so accustomed to noise & vibration that weve lost some of natural ability for such things. Anybody care to comment? And, by the way, I am enjoying my morning coffee.

This post was edited

What amazes me is the animals early warning system that alerts them to a potential disaster. I suspect our civilized sensory systems have become so accustomed to noise & vibration that weve lost some of natural ability for such things. Anybody care to comment? And, by the way, I am enjoying my morning coffee.

We had a cat that would be lying quietly in front of us and then get up and run into a room and under a table covered with a table cloth. It was his hiding place. Seconds later, we get an earthquake. He was our alert system. We noticed this several times and every time, we get a quake. Some of the rollers we sleep right through, unless they happen really close by. The shakers are the ones we have to be mindful of because they will shake stuff off the walls, topple things up above and throw things off shelves. Sadly, our beloved earthquake warning system died several years ago. Needless to say, we are still caught by surprised when a quake hits and we've lived with them all our lives.

This post was edited

I noticed it as well the other morning. I have been through many quakes in my life, the biggest being a 6.0. One that big is really creepy to experience, but amazing to feel the power of the earth! I was quite surprised to feel one in Georgia. It was just past 8 am. I was in my garage with my morning coffee when I felt the shake. I knew immediately.
First thought, is there a bigger one to follow? I quickly went to check on Annie (sleeping) in case we needed to get outside! After-shocks can sometimes be much worse than the first tremor. I never blow them off. You never know if it's going to be catastrophic/historical or not and you've had your warning!
All my shelving rattled in my garage and some things were swaying afterwards. After the concern for aftershocks subsided, I went to the USGS website. (US Geological Survey). It is the best source for Earthquake data.
It updates about every 5 minutes. Sure enough, 5.1 in Sparta NC shows up on the map. Almost 200 miles away and not very deep (2km).
I was surprised to feel it 200 miles away. We have thin crust here. Never underestimate mother nature.
An interesting way to start the morning...... with waves in your coffee cup!

This post was edited

Shallow earthquakes are the most damaging: i.e. less earth to absorb the seismic waves.

The last major one to hit western WA (Seattle/Puget Sound) was in Feb. 2001. The quake epicenter was actually 60+ miles south at Nisqually (Olympia region) but because it was a shallow quake, it hit the Seattle area pretty hard. Severely damaged several old masonry buildings in the Pioneer Square district just south of downtown.

Was definitely surprising to hear of quakes in the NC area.

This post was edited