That Morning Cup of Coffee

Living on the coast in North Carolina does have some advantages: warm springs, mild autumns, little snow during the winter (but hilarious when it does). But one of the best things is that its always good to drink coffee outside naked. Unfortunately for us, the wife and I still live in my old bachelor pad apartment. But to find the silver lining in the situation, its on the top floor of the building with a balcony.

So on warm mornings if we are awake early enough, we brew one of our favorites and go out on the balcony where we keep a set of rocking chairs year-round. We sit, watch the sun rise, and sip our coffee without any of our neighbors the wiser... unless then look hard enough at us. Both my wife and I hope to one day move out towards the opposite side of the state near the Smokies; where we can still enjoy a morning cup with the sunrise but while standing in our own backyard or while camping nude in the mountains.

This topic was edited
RE:That Morning Cup of Coffee

silver lining in the situation, its on the top floor of the building with a balcony.
That's exactly what I look for in a hotel when I'm on vacation. Top floor, balcony, with a view of the ocean. It's great for any time of day but fantastic for coffee in the mornings.

This post was edited

Sounds great! Tell you what... We have an old house out near Roanoke VA in the mountains, just off of the Appalachian Trail, etc. and it has a pretty awesome view of the river... (We've done LOTS of naked coffee out on the 2nd floor porch that overlooks the river!). We could trade keys for a week/weekend and my wife and I could enjoy the beach and you all could enjoy the mountains...??? We used to live near Yorktown VA and didn't realize until we actually MOVED here that Louisiana has ZERO nice beaches!!! We miss the Outer Banks!!! I used to vacation with my parents in Atlantic Beach/Morehead City ever since I was waist high to my Dad and I just turned 60 years old!!! My wife used to vacation in Nag's Head ever since she was about 5 years old too! We're both from Pittsburgh and when I started my career and was offered a job in southeastern Virginia!?!?! Yes, please!!!

This post was edited

Its a good day here, coffee in hand and raining outside. Very nice pitter-patter of rain drops on the roof. Everything is turning from a dry grey to a perky green! But...that means mowing duty this weekend. Well be fine as Ill have my coffee and mow the grass. Hows everyone doing in their neck of the woods?

This post was edited

Weekends and warmer weather coffee is great outside in our yard. Week days and cooler weather still nude but indoors.

This post was edited

We are dry and warm here again in Southern California. I can have my first cup O'Jo on the glider on the porch from 5-5:30am. Closer to 6, the neighbors start to emerge with their dogs for walks or their morning jogs. I just take a sarong with me out there and sit on it and if I see a car passing or anyone coming, I flip it over my lap and they just see me sitting there without a shirt. At any rate, I'm not exposing myself to them.

This post was edited