This could potentially fall under legal...

I mean, if my neighbor wants to be a "trueasshole". But I was just going to ask for suggestions on what would be the best "hanging plant" that I could line part of my privacy fence with to help obscure the view even more. I just had an 8ft tall vinyl privacy fence installed, and even though it's only a fraction of my yard that could be seen, I want to take preventative measures. Thanks in advance!

This topic was edited
RE:This could potentially fall under legal...

There's a ton of ideas on Pinterest for this very topic. I get emails on back yard privacy daily. There's trellises, tall evergreens, doors decorated artistically to act as a fence, all kinds of suggestions there. Unfortunately for me, I've yet to find a good one for a close neighbor in a 2 story house.

This post was edited

It's been said many times on this forum, and in life, free legal advice is exactly what you pay for it. Before going further, can your neighbor view your backyard from an upstairs window? That's the issue that I have. My neighbor added a second story and has a full view of my backyard. My privacy is gone. Lastly, check that statutes for nudity in North Carolina and Raleigh. You need to make certain that it's not one of those places where simple nudity seen by others (even if on your property) can get you arrested.

This post was edited

Or heres a novel idea. Try talking to the neighbors. You very well might get a response that they dont care. We have a five sided backyard in a subdivision of 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. Three of the neighboring lots have two story homes on them and two of those have full view of our backyard. Years ago (hardly anyone moves out of this neighborhood ) we spoke with the neighbors and told them we were not shy and they might see us. In each case, including the one story home closest with a possible view over the 6 fence where theres a low spot, they all essentially shrugged and said whatever. Im out in the backyard nude almost every day especially in summer and weve never had a complaint.

This post was edited

I'm doing the same thing...but by building a long high horizontal fence. I don't want any problems...so my fence is about 6'6" to 7'6" high. Between the trees and stuff in the way, they'd have to climb a ladder to see over. I think I'm good. We'll see in a few months as I've got about 60' of 120' or so done. It'll be worth it in the end.

This post was edited

I'm doing the same thing...but by building a long high horizontal fence. I don't want any problems...so my fence is about 6'6" to 7'6" high. Between the trees and stuff in the way, they'd have to climb a ladder to see over. I think I'm good. We'll see in a few months as I've got about 60' of 120' or so done. It'll be worth it in the end.

Our town limits fences to 6'. I also have tall bushes on two sides to further block the view. Neighbor on the third side had tall bushes on his property, but they were damaged in a storm so he cut them down and did not replace them. He could probably see over the fence from his slightly raised deck but he is rarely on it so I don't worry. Beside, he is of an age where he would remember when men seeing other men nude was a non-issue. Also, when he first move in. before I got the privacy fence, he mentioned that he liked to keep his back spotlights on after dark. I told him I liked to keep my swimsuit off after dark and I wouldn't complain if he didn't, so he knows of my preference for swimming nude.

This post was edited

Before you get too far along, you may want to check zoning laws. Most municipalities limit to around 6' (4' in front). Even some counties have these silly laws. My county says I can't put a shed within 6' of back property line (They tried to say 12' until I pointed out to them that the actual ordinance says 6' on side and back, 12' on front). They're reasoning is so a fire truck can get through. If a fire truck tried to drive along my back property line, it would sink to it's frame on a dry day. (Behind me is a corn and/or soybean field). They have no problem with a fence or planting shrubs or trees along the property line, which would block a fire truck just as well as a shed.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

They're reasoning is so a fire truck can get through. If a fire truck tried to drive along my back property line, it would sink to it's frame on a dry day. (Behind me is a corn and/or soybean field). They have no problem with a fence or planting shrubs or trees along the property line, which would block a fire truck just as well as a shed.John aka cobeachbum

Some of the reasoning for codes and laws that make no sense is truly comical. I recently applied for my Real ID that will allow me on a commercial airline flight. I had a copy of my hospital birth certificate and the registration receipt from when the birth was registered with the state. Neither were good enough. I had to have an embossed copy from the county where I was born. I don't live there any longer and ordered that copy on-line and to get it all I had to do was say that I am who I am with and give my name and date of birth. So, the proof is no more secure than me just going to the licensing office and giving that info.

This post was edited