RE:Vehicle repair

I have a heated garage so I do light maintenance on my vehicles nude. I tried changing the engine oil nude once but it's a little too messy. A few months ago I changed the fluids in my pickup transmission, front and rear differentials, and transfer case. What a miserable job! Nothing worse than gear oil and ATF. No way anyone would do that nude.

Completely understandable. Thanks for the replies all. Glad to see I'm not alone

This post was edited

Sometimes yes, sometimes, no.I have several antique cars and maintain them myself. When I need help from a buddy, I wear clothes. When it's too cold in the shop, I wear clothes. When I'm going to be laying on the floor under a car, I wear clothes.Since my shop floor is epoxy, it is easy to keep it very clean. So, I almost never wear shoes in the shop. In the summer or when it's warm, and I'm doing routine maintenance, I work in the shop nude almost as a rule. Mostly because I do not have air conditioning in the shop, and with some fans going, being nude makes it comfortable. Also, I hate ruining clothes when something oily or greasy gets on them. I have an outdoor shower with hot/cold water right outside the shop door, so it's real easy to clean my skin real quick then get right back to work. There's also a go-jo dispenser next to the liquid soap dispenser on the wall at the outdoor shower. I highly recommend it.

I need a heated shop in my life!

This post was edited

Im normally not mechanically inclined, but during the summer of 2016 I had an adventure. I have a John Deere 4310 Compact Utility Tractor, complete with front end loader. I had a leak of hydraulic fluid which appeared to be coming from a short hose. I had a crazy idea and decided to replace the hose myself as well as go ahead and complete routine maintenance including changing the hydraulic fluid. The project ended up taking 3 days and several trips to JD. I worked on our covered carport which is on a concrete pad. Temperatures that week were in the triple digits ~105F. Working nude was the only way to go! I was surprised at the number of gallons of hydraulic fluid it used compared to 5 quarts of oil in a car. Also, the hydraulic system had not one, but two different sized filters. The engine oil only had one small filter. Eventually everything was taken care of except the fuel filter. To my dismay, even though the hose replacement looked great, the hydraulic fluid was actually leaking from behind a panel which wasnt on the parts diagram. At that point I gave up and took it to JD to have that fixed necessitating another change of hydraulic fluid. Also had them take care of the fuel filter.

Glenn

This post was edited

When it's warm enough I wash my car naked - saves getting clothes wet.There is a video here.You obviously enjoy exposing yourself.

Vehicle appears to be in an enclosed space so there is little chance of being seen.

This post was edited

I can do, and sometimes do do, extensive vehicle repairs and rebuilds. But unfortunately my shop is out here on the front end of my land right beside the drive where people come along quite often, so working in the shop naked is not something I do, when the weather gets warm the closest I get is light shorts. this last week a cold front came through, almost froze at night a few times, and was one of those relentless vehicle repair sessions. The two 4x4 vehicles I've been using are failing, while I can fix them I don't want to right now because they really aren't what I needed for the current work. I was in need of a fairly high clearance 4x4 pickup. So an old friend of ours gave me his old 4x4 toyota a couple weeks ago. It needed extensive repairs on several items, some more major some minor. Got the essentials done on it and drove it for the first time yesterday. Runs nice, quite and easy going. Replaced timing chain, it was worn out but not jumped teeth yet, new spark plugs, (looks like the plugs are what stopped it 4.5 years ago, they were burned way back to where they would have been misfiring) rebuilt a bushing in the front differential, carb cleaned out, axle boot replaced, front idler pulley for the steering pump belt must have really been howling, it was in bad shape. Got a new one on the way. Then the master cylinder seems to be leaking internally and externally. Will try to replace that tomorrow I think. Plus I will need better tires on it. Another next week thing. Although not a nude repaired vehicle at least it will be a nude farm truck. get to drive it a good bit naked just moving stuff around, hauling compost and dirt. But that title "nude farm truck" is the farm nude? no, it's dressed in greenery. Is the truck nude? no, it's dressed in paint and a few rust holes. So it's just nude ole me doin the work.

This post was edited

Our home in PA is in a rural area. Im outside most days either doing yard work or projects in the garage. I was a vehicle mechanic most of my working days until retirement and I still do the required things in the nude that our cars and other vehicles need done. Our son also runs a small engine repair shop at night out of the garage. He only accepts customers in the evening hours when he is home from his main job. So i do a lot of repair work for him during the day too in the garage.

This post was edited

I can see no value laying under a vehicle naked taking off an old exhaust. It defies logic.

then don't but if others are comfy doing whatever why do you persist on being the wet blanket, debbie downer about it?

This post was edited

I can see no value laying under a vehicle naked taking off an old exhaust. It defies logic.then don't but if others are comfy doing whatever why do you persist on being the wet blanket, debbie downer about it?

This site really needs a like button.

This post was edited

Sadly unable to do but last year as selling houses I had some with high fences around backyards so I mowed them nude. It was a blast and hope to do again. Wish my yard was fenced off. Not able to do car work since yes in front yard and on chk de sac corner with Main Street. Happy to go to someone elses house in rural area and help out though. Im in NW Austin TX.

This post was edited

I do most of my repairs on the driveway. Even if I was working in the garage, the door would be open.

This post was edited