RE:Vehicle repair

I am not mechanically inclined so I don't do my own vehicle repairs.When I wash the car at home, I wear a brief swimsuit since I am in view of a busy street.I must admit that even though I have done that, every time I have thought about mowing the front yard in a swim brief, I change my mind and wear gym shorts.Somehow I feel less conspicuous washing the car since I am doing something that involved getting wet.I've never been that bold when washing cars. I saw a lady wash her car on her front lawn in a bright pink bikini while her kids rode around the street on their bicycles when I was a kid delivering junk mail. She looked good in it and I (and anyone else) would certainly take notice of her, but it seems the practice itself was less remarkable then.

What do you wear to wash a car?

This post was edited

Regrettably... clothes! We don't wash our cars ourselves. If we had an area to wash them and be naked, then I 'd wash the cars myself. But since we do not, we take them to the car wash. Keeps the place in business, keeps people working. I like the idea that at the car wash, they recycle the soapy water and that it doesn't go down the storm drain, like it would if I washed the cars at home. Sometimes, mostly when I've been off road in my Jeep, I'll go to the coin operated car wash and spray my car off and then bring it home and finish drying it. I will slip on some sheer shorts to do that! ;D

This post was edited

Whatever I'm wearing. Usually short shorts & shirt since it's the front yard and there's no fence. I unusually only remove the shirt when in the back yard.

This post was edited

What do you wear to wash a car?Whatever I'm wearing. Usually short shorts & shirt since it's the front yard and there's no fence. I unusually only remove the shirt when in the back yard.

I only wear a shirt at home on warm weather if we have special company. For family and frequent visitors it's shorts only. My wife used to ask me to put on a shirt when some of her friends who came over frequently were there. I told her that if she stopped asking me to put a shirt on, I wouldn't start asking to take my shorts off. She got the message and stopped asking.

This post was edited

What do you wear to wash a car?Whatever I'm wearing. Usually short shorts & shirt since it's the front yard and there's no fence. I unusually only remove the shirt when in the back yard.I only wear a shirt at home on warm weather if we have special company. For family and frequent visitors it's shorts only. My wife used to ask me to put on a shirt when some of her friends who came over frequently were there. I told her that if she stopped asking me to put a shirt on, I wouldn't start asking to take my shorts off. She got the message and stopped asking.

Two additional comments.
If only my wife and I are home, I usually don't weary anything in the house and back yard.
The only time I wear a shirt in warm weather is when I am going somewhere that would require or at least expect me to do so.
Even then, the shirt generally doesn't go on until I get there and comes off as soon as I am out the door.

This post was edited

Ive changed the oil in the Toyota & van in the past but not regularly. Im one of those folks that manage to get oil & grease all over me every time I work on something. Ive tinkered with the Mule a bit & the motorhome but not consistently. Ill keep on with my current regime for the present.

This post was edited

I am generally nude and barefoot if it is reasonably warm, so yeah I do general maintenance on my vehicles nude. We live quite far off the road so I can work in the driveway if I want, and if its sunny and nice I do! Welding does motivate me to put on shoes, pants and a shirt, but I try to do welding when I have accumulated several tasks that need done. Ive done brakes, oil changes, trans fluid, light suspension work and plugs and wires, all nude. Going to do an engine swap this spring, Ill put on what I feel I need but wont be much. I find it much preferable to just get the oil, grease, whatever on myself and wash off under the hose( my outdoor shower has yet to grow) when done. My wife thinks its fun to spray me off, and doesnt get greasy crap in the washer either. But then I am not a glove wearer either, guess its just a carryover. As far as washing cars, mine are old and go thru the drive thru, on occasion.

This post was edited

I might if it was a simple job, but sot one where I am going to have to scrub certain areas with a pumpice type soap. Nope!

Stay naked!

This post was edited

I am not a great car person so other than washing the vehicle naked I don't do much to it other than topping up the windscreen washers and might be oil top up and the odd repair only.

This post was edited

have 6 vehicles including couple classic cars. do most repairs and maintenance while nude in garage. have done one restoration mostly naked except when sandblasted areas outside. enjoy freedom of working without clothes to bother me.

This post was edited