Maui / Kauai Hawaii

I hope to be spending a week on Maui and another week Kauai in August and I am curious on the status of some of the beaches there for nude use.

I understand Little Beach on Maui is pretty well established. How busy is it midweek and mornings vs. afternoons? Also looking at Red Rock Beach near Hana, does this get much nude use anymore? Some of the reports indicate it is getting quite a bit more textile traffic.

Which is the better beach for nude use on Kauai? Secrets Beach or Larsen's Beach? It sounds like the both get nude use, but I want to make sure the information I have read is up to date.

Any other places to know about?

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE:Maui / Kauai Hawaii

Hi, maybe a late reply but Little Beach on Maui is THE BEST. I absolutely loved my time there. Any time of the day. The drum circle on Sundays is also very cool.

I did drive out to Hana to visit the Red beach but unfortunately there were no nudes there at all and it felt weird stripping off with all the textiles around me. I'd be inclined to say it has lost its nude status except for very early in the morning or very late at night..

This post was edited

Your reply is not late.... our trip was cancelled due to Covid. We are attempting again in June. I hope to visit Little Beach, Twin Falls, and Secret Beach on Maui. We are also going to Kaui, I need to see what is there for discreet nude use.

This post was edited

there is an unofficial (as are all the clothing optional beaches in HI) clothing optional beach on kauai called secret beach on the north shore. you can google it. the walk down is steep which means the walk up is steep as well.
you need to bring water with you as there is nothing on the beach. save some water for the walk up.

i walked to the right as i came down the steep trail. i am not sure now if that east side was the clothing optional part hence my not seeing many people nude on that part of the beach. we went there two years ago and i saw only limited nude use, so much so that i did not go nude even though that was my intent. the surf is very strong so swimming is not recommended.

it is, all in all, worth a trip in my opinion. perhaps someone else can clarify the CO part of secret beach on kauai.

This post was edited