Friends who play word games

Do some of your "word game" playing friends crap up your feed?
It's okay to have fun with the word games, I've even contributed myself a few times but.....
It can get annoying when I visit my feed page and it's loaded with word game posts from friends.
It had gotten so bad with a few in the past that I just decided to de-friend them to prevent frustration.
Sorry to rain on anyone's fun parade but you may not realize what your friends feel about your word game obsession affecting "their space".
I don't dislike my friends for it but if I have to de-friend them to "tidy up" my fed to an acceptable format, don't be surprised if I'm no longer on your friends list.
Anyone else, or am I just being a lousy friend?

This topic was edited
RE:Friends who play word games

Do some of your "word game" playing friends crap up your feed?It's okay to have fun with the word games, I've even contributed myself a few times but.....It can get annoying when I visit my feed page and it's loaded with word game posts from friends.It had gotten so bad with a few in the past that I just decided to de-friend them to prevent frustration.Sorry to rain on anyone's fun parade but you may not realize what your friends feel about your word game obsession affecting "their space".I don't dislike my friends for it but if I have to de-friend them to "tidy up" my fed to an acceptable format, don't be surprised if I'm no longer on your friends list.Anyone else, or am I just being a lousy friend?

Sorry Lee, I will back off on the word game lol

This post was edited

There was once a man on my friends list who got to playing those word games consistently Everyday. Each time I opened my feed page there would be a string of his posts, usually 12-14 at a time, with 2 or 3 words apiece. I sent him a PM explaining why I was defriending him and letting him know it was nothing personal, just that I did not want to have my feed filled up with all these meaningless posts. He understood and accepted it. So far he has been the only one, but if another started playing them incessantly then I would probably do it again for the same reason.

This post was edited

And of course, just because someone is not on a "Friend List" doesn't mean they stop being friends. If you were friends who chatted regularly before (via forums, private messages, off site, whatever) then that's still allowed even after the "friend" box is unticked. Being on a list is no sign of actual friendship. Being friends is a sign of actual friendship. It can be handy to keep track of what people are saying, of course, I get that, but it's not a 'must'.

This post was edited

You can also change your feed settings to not show the replys Friends make to topics.

This post was edited