RE:Nudism's relationship with politics?

You would think nudism would be liberal politics only but not the case. It is liberating and to the degree nudism issues are involved yes I would be liberal minded but otherwise I usually take the conservative trail. Don't think that makes me a hypocrit.

This post was edited

After visiting numerous nude venues over the last 25years, we've found that most of the couples we've met are conservative or libertarian. I don't recall ever meeting a liberal.

This post was edited

Resorts in the US skew conservative and beaches skew liberal. Not so different from how it is in the textile world - if you pay some extra money to have a gate closed behind you or a gangplank pulled up, you're likely to be conservative.

This post was edited

After visiting numerous nude venues over the last 25years, we've found that most of the couples we've met are conservative or libertarian. I don't recall ever meeting a liberal.

Where have those venues been? Not that I doubt your experience, but I'd think that the part of the country or world you're in might have something to do with that. Here in Northern California, we skew pretty liberal anyway, and I would expect that the attendance would reflect that.

But, as has been pointed out, private areas are likely to be more conservative than public ones. And younger, more liberal people tend not to go to the old established resorts anyway.

This post was edited

Resorts in the US skew conservative and beaches skew liberal. Not so different from how it is in the textile world - if you pay some extra money to have a gate closed behind you or a gangplank pulled up, you're likely to be conservative.
That's an interesting observation I wasn't aware of. I've had negative experiences at US resorts in the Midwest, primarily because they've made it clear that I'm not welcome as a single father. In the few places I've been, I had this strange, gnawing feeling of being in a parallel universe to a church coffee hour, but naked. It's a live and let US live as we want, and you people over there, we don't want to know.
I grew up in a very conservative suburb and am no wild-eyed radical, but those resorts can keep their yew bushes neatly trimmed, their gates closed and their gangplanks pulled up.

This post was edited

Ultra conservative nudists blow my mind... In the US, the Republican party with their insidious/duplicitous long running ties to the Christian right would lock every one of us up if they had their way. And when people can't understand that as nudists, we are also "othered", and our lifestyles are legislated against time-and-time again. Then to continue to vote for your oppressors?! I'm sorry... I'd rather pay higher taxes than vote for people who want to lock me up for being me. The GOP isn't about personal liberty anymore... that may have been the case 40 years ago, but that era is over, and that party doesn't exist anymore.

This post was edited

The resorts we've gone to are in Jamaica, Antigua, Roatan and Mexico. I've seen and talked to a few liberals. One walked along the beach showing off his hard on, one guy wanted to blow me, and another was booted for jerking off by the pool. They were at three different resorts. But I won't put all liberals in a box because of my prejudices like was done with conservatives, chrisianity, and the GOP. Have you checked out the Christian Nudist web site? My home state has been controlled by Christian Republicans for the past 20 years or more. There was an attempt to change our nudity laws a few years ago and was quickly squashed by Republicans. We have some of the most liberal nudity laws in the nation. Outside the cities, it's not against the law to be nude, unless you're lewd. You know not of what you speak.

This post was edited

Before this thread devolves into into Conservatives being "racist Bible-thumpers" or Democrats being "lazy bums looking for a handout":

That's an interesting observation I wasn't aware of. I've had negative experiences at US resorts in the Midwest, primarily because they've made it clear that I'm not welcome as a single father.

My take on it is that it has more to do with geography and proximity than anything else.
You and I are both in the Midwest - and if my assumption is correct - in VERY Blue locations. Outside the cities, MI, IL and WI are very much Red. Nudist resorts are most often located in those "Red zones". And most of the regulars at said resorts are going to be local or regional. Therefore it stands to reason that most of the nudist population at resorts will be Conservative. And being that a lot of Chicagoans, for example, don't even own a car (because the infrastructure permits it) or have easy access to many other forms of recreation; there is naturally going to be a lot less "city-dwellers" heading out to resorts. It doesn't have as much to do with economics as some purport...

Does that affect "resort policy?" Well of course it does. How does it bode for the future of resort nudism? Well...that remains to be seen.

I'm sure some people will say: "But what about such-and-such resort?" Well I'm sure there are exceptions. Just like you won't find many suburban conservatives doing co-ed naked yoga in the city.

This post was edited

I've seen and talked to a few liberals. One walked along the beach showing off his hard on, one guy wanted to blow me, and another was booted for jerking off by the pool.

I have to ask out of curiosity, how do you know they were liberals? Did you have political discussions with them? I had forgotten about this but we were at a resort in FL and saw a guy sporting a hard on and wearing a MAGA hat. I also know a very conservative gay guy. So your statement to me indicates a type of prejudice.

This post was edited

My only prejudice is assholes. You know the type. Those who can't have a conversation without letting emotions take over, raising their voice and call people names. They're in all political affiliations. I'm conservative and have some very liberal environmental friends. We have passionate conversations over politics and such, but laugh and have a good time doing it. We have found a common denominator that keeps us coming back for more. Beer!

This post was edited