Naturism and the Non Naturist Spouse

I've seen a number of posts wondering how to get the spouse interested in nude activities and social nudity. I think that best answer isn't necessary in trying to convince them with words. Like the old saying goes, "words are cheap" and "actions speak louder. Everyone wants to share something special with our spouses of significant others and, perhaps the best way is to demonstrate what it does for us.

I've found that most women are still going to look at nudity with sexual undertones and may feel that they're being set up for a night of sex or, worst yet, the "orgy at the nudist resort" that some people in the textile world still believe. When you do what you love to do nude, indoors or out in the back yard, and can still talk to them about the normal topics, it may help keep "the wall" from coming up. If they don't feel any pressure, and can see what it does for you, it may spark a bit of an interest. It all depends on how they grew up and what they think led you to discover social nudity or home/backyard nudity.

I'm not saying that its a guarantee, but I've seen the consistent pressure approach do a lot of damage to a relationship. Try just letting them know what it does for you, when she wants to listen, and reinforce the nonsexual nature of it all. Intimacy can be had through just being together in a nudist/naturist environment and enjoying the freedom. To them, it can be the freedom of knowing that there are NO sexual expectations.

I think we all want to share the blessing with the spouse, but know and appreciate their thoughts and boundaries. Who knows?, sometimes people do change. In the mean time, be grateful that she accepts you as you are.

Hang in there!

This topic was edited
RE:Naturism and the Non Naturist Spouse

Thanks for confirming what I have been attempting to do with my wife. She has no problem with my nudity but is still a little shy about hers. So I do my best not to get frisky with her when shes around the house nude, and thats hard. Even after 30 years she still gets my motor running. We are a team and I wont move further without her. Maybe one day well move to social nudism but at her pace.

This post was edited

I know what you mean. My wife does the same for me after 25 years of marriage. She also has problems with her body that shes struggled with her whole life and doesnt like to be nude outside of the bathroom.

It sounds like your wife is open to it if she can just get passed the first 10 minutes at a resort. I hope that she will eventually take the chance as I believe shell learn so much from the ladies that have gotten to accept themselves and know that Gods work is always beautiful. Then she can shes the baggage and her clothes without any fear or shame. Itll open a whole new experience shell never regret.

Good luck!

This post was edited

I have written at great lengths about this over the years; but in summary:

"Not pressuring" is the most obvious thing. I have read many testimonies over the years of guys who "blew it" by bringing it up way too much.

"Setting an example" is the second thing. If you're naked at home as much as possible (while respecting his/her boundaries), he/she will eventually see that it doesn't have to be a weird/sexual thing.

And as far as bringing social nudism to the table, "emphasizing clothing-optional", i.e stressing the fact that nudity is not going to be required, can really help quell anxieties about being naked in front of other people.

I really thought my wife would never set foot in a nudist resort, from the negative feedback she kept giving me. But I was patient and persistent (without pestering) and she eventually decided to give it a shot; with an emphasis on the fact that what she wore/didn't wear would be entirely up to her (it was a C/O resort.)
Well what happened when we got there is what often happens. She saw other women who were naked and confident; and it challenged her idea of "prudishness." By the end of the day she was naked, socializing and enjoying every minute of it.

This post was edited

My situation is a little more challenging as my wife is uncomfortable even seeing anyone nude (female or male) other than me.
Any suggestions?

This post was edited

Since we've been in total lock down now for several weeks and have had our holidays put on hold, because of the corona virus, my wife is craving to go somewhere as soon as possible for a break. Yes, she is in the category of happy for me to go nude, whether it be at home or on a beach , but a no no for her to go naked. Before the shut down she was ok with me having the occasional trip to a local clothing optional club not too far away. I'm hoping because she has been cooped up for a long time, that the suggestion of accompanying me on my next visit to the club, which I always offer, I might get a yes. That's until the club re-opens of course. They have tried allowing members in for exercise walks, through their lovely fields and wooded areas, with social distancing the order of the day. But someone who disapproved contacted the local council and that has been put on hold now sadly. I've got to keep my fingers crossed over this one.

This post was edited

Since we've been in total lock down now for several weeks and have had our holidays put on hold, because of the corona virus, my wife is craving to go somewhere as soon as possible for a break. Yes, she is in the category of happy for me to go nude, whether it be at home or on a beach , but a no no for her to go naked. Before the shut down she was ok with me having the occasional trip to a local clothing optional club not too far away. I'm hoping because she has been cooped up for a long time, that the suggestion of accompanying me on my next visit to the club, which I always offer, I might get a yes. That's until the club re-opens of course. They have tried allowing members in for exercise walks, through their lovely fields and wooded areas, with social distancing the order of the day. But someone who disapproved contacted the local council and that has been put on hold now sadly. I've got to keep my fingers crossed over this one.

This post was edited

My wife is also the type who would suffer a little anxiety among nudists or naturist so I wouldnt push her into a socially nude situation. Id just be happy if she went skinny dipping with me in our pool.

I just think it takes time for them to see and understand that, from our point of view, there is nothing sexual about it and let them see how it changes us. They probably also need to hear about naturism from the female perspective and how it helped resolve some of the body image issues or how it opened their lives to a whole new level of relaxation and good mental health.

Its definitely a tough one as I know how much it would benefit my wife in helping to reduce stress and anxiety and learn to depend a little less on the pharmaceuticals.

This post was edited

After about a year of me hanging around the house nude I finally broached the subject of my interest in checking out a local nudist resort. My wife wasn't keen on it at all but eventually relented. She was giving me the latitude to explore further and for me to scratch my itch, as long as she wasn't expected to strip herself.
I assured her that if she would go with me there would be no pressure on my part for her to do any more than she was comfortable with. I new any mention of it would be a deal breaker.
We finally committed to go. My story can be found in my group "Nudist First Time Stories".
Once there, after getting past the initial anxiety I felt totally comfortable. The resort was just okay. My wife did eventually feel that I wasn't totally weird and eventually felt comfortable to take off her top in the pool but that was her limit. On the way home, she expressed it wasn't for her and didn't feel she would want to return.
The following year we were planning a trip to Orlando for a convention and booked our stay at the convention center. I convinced her to try one night at Cypress Cove first. After much debate she finally relented to ONE NIGHT!
We arrived mid day and settled into our room before we were given the tour. After, we decided to go hang out at the pool! Same rules applied, "don't even bring it up, I'm wearing my suit".
We picked out a couple of lounges poolside, set up our stuff, settled in and began to observed the climate, me nude her in her suit. Within ten minutes she said, "this is stupid" and took her suit off. Within the hour I asked her what she thought about cancelling our stay at the convention center and if we should just stay at Cypress. "Go find out!" was her response!
We spent the whole five days there and we were both hooked and nude the whole time except for the few hours we went to the convention. We were both eager to get back to the pool.
The moral of the story, If you can get your spouse to try it, do it right the first time. The wrong first experience could be a permanent game changer. If my wife hadn't been so willing to do the second time "just for me" she would probably have never tried it again.

This post was edited

I had a very similar experience as Lee with my wife. She did not want to visit a resort initially but after a year or so of gentle 'this might be interesting', she agreed to a tour of a resort. We went, rode around and saw the area. She initially wasn't too interested, but agreed to a trip later in the summer. I was looking for a camper at the time and was trying to figure out what to look for in a model. The resort rented campers and we later stayed for one night as a camper test. She was surprised at the 'clothing optional' environment, the low key atmosphere and enjoyed herself sitting in the lawn chair reading a book. Several folks spoke to us during our visit and she enjoyed quiet time. We went back several times and she gradually became acclimatized to 'all those naked people'. We visited three resorts in our area and she felt really at home at one of them. We kept up the visits, got to know all the folks there and have now been members for two years. She's still just nude in the motorhome, wears a beach type 'coverup' around the grounds and skinny dips very occassionally. It's been a long ongoing journey and it's still underway. I'm glad she's enjoying her visits and periodically tells me it's time for our next getaway. We'll keep on keeping on.

This post was edited

Well John do just that, keep on just keeping on! My wife was a home nudist without question, when we finally got to the social side her 1st time at our now home club was small steps. I can quote her after being there a weekend and her getting anxious to scat. "I'm ready to go, I've seen enough penises for one weekend." It was a lot to take in for her and she was on overload with it all and I get that. Fast fwd it's not even a thought anymore now for years with us doing Nude Cruises, visiting numerous Club & resorts. Hey it was her suggestion on our 3rd visit to get our own place there.

This post was edited