Terrified teacher

Any teachers here that worry the lifestyle could get you fired? I really enjoy being nude outdoors and at the spa, and I appreciate finding a site like this, but Im too scared to put my face in any pictures because I dont want to lose my job.

How does everyone else deal with the duality of it all? I really wish nudism/ naturism was more accepted in our super conservative country.

This topic was edited
RE:Terrified teacher

When I was a teacher, aeons ago, I was called in to the office for a reprimand, having been seen in a city park walking barefoot. Standards have loosened. But I'd suggest limits that remain:

Don't let nude photos of yourself fall into the hands of students. Which means don't put them on the internet.
Don't discuss or advocate for the lifestyle around school, any more than you would for non-curricular stuff like politics or religion.
Don't be daring or inappropriate with nudity.

As far as being nude in settings where nudity is appropriate and expected - resorts, nude beaches, private gatherings - not so much of a worry.
As far as putting up a face pic here, not so much of a worry.

If on some off chance someone at school realizes, from internet browsing or a chance encounter of some sort, that you participate in social nudity, the response should be the same as if they had discovered that you were gay, or a Druid, or a Libertarian - yes, but it's not something I get into at work.

This post was edited

I am also a teacher like you. I also feel vulnerable but I have been risk taker by uploading my pics in my profile (I think, and the majority, that it is more interesting a profile with pics than without). Right now, I think this site is ok, however, in case I feel not secure in the future in here then I would remove/hide all my pics.

This post was edited

If on some off chance someone at school realizes, from internet browsing or a chance encounter of some sort, that you participate in social nudity, the response should be the same as if they had discovered that you were gay, or a Druid, or a Libertarian - yes, but it's not something I get into at work.

Federal protected classes include:

Race.
Color.
Religion or creed.
National origin or ancestry.
Sex.
Age.
Physical or mental disability.
Veteran status.
Genetic information.
Citizenship.

Unfortunately, nudism is not included as a legally protected lifestyle. A teacher who is discovered as a nudist can be fired and blacklisted. Parents today are highly intolerant of many things and being a nudist is considered a form of child corruption and abuse by enough parents to make nudists think twice before advertising that they are a nudist.

Post no nude photos on the internet because if you do then students who never seem have time to study will have the time to find your photos, spread them around your school, and get you fired because your effectiveness as a teacher will be ruined and overshadowed by the fact that most in society believe that nudism is a deviant lifestyle unworthy of a teacher.

This post was edited

There are TN members who go on about other members who have no nude photos or no face photos in their profiles. Actually 75% of TN members' profiles have no photos at all. And I agree that there are certain professions where admitting nudism would be risky. Teaching is one. Others may include doctors/nurses, religious, police and legal. In every case there is no choice but to hide your nudism - it could seriously interfere with your work when dealing with those who don't understand (maybe the majority of the population).

I have the luxury of being retired, though I do a lot of community work (including dealing with the local school). I can be open about my nudity. But I respect those who can't.

This post was edited

My wife is a teacher and is very concerned about what would happen if our participation in the nudist lifestyle were to become known. I agree with the precautions that you listed and are very careful with pictures etc... We never post on public sites including TN. We only socialize nude at 100% legal places (usually our home resort). Despite that I will say with 100% assurance that if word out out and confirmed she would be fired. Gay & LGBT are protected as they should be. Nudist? God help you.

This post was edited

I subscribe to the notion that it is better to be safe than sorry. You (like many of us here) have invested much time, effort and money in establishing a professional career; to what end would you risk it? I agree that photos make a profile more interesting but showing your face clearly is not necessary. You might consider face-masking techniques such as silhouette lighting, photoshopping, cropping or turning away from the camera. At the very minimum, I would advise you to restrict any face-exposing photos to certified friends only.

This post was edited

Years ago at Turtle Lake nudist resort after the nude 5k run, some of us were soaking 8n the conversation pool. One guy shared with the group " I bet my students would say "Mr Jones you ran naked?" " The name clicked. I knew his dad who was back home. I assured him his secret was safe with me. But added if he wanted to tell his dad he had met me at Turtle Lake it was fine with me.

This post was edited

I agree! When you work with the general public, plus been in leadership positions in a church that's LITERALLY next door to my house, people knowing I'm a nudist would create too many headaches. I have done some "exploring" in the past with friends when I was younger, but now I pretty much stay on the straight and narrow path. I'd be ok with making friends with other nudists, but I am very cautious when those connections get to close to my "inner orbits" where my dad and I maintain mutual acquaintances. On sites like these you're bound to run into people you know. I have on TN and TS. I know who he is, but I don't think he's figured out who I am...yet...! :))

This post was edited

Mrs Southern is a teacher, so we don't have pics on here. It is interesting that when we visit resorts (we've visited about 15) we always meet teachers! In fact, teachers is the most popular profession we've met at the resorts. Nurses are second.

This post was edited

I was a police officer for 14 years and felt the same way. But, like you, it never failed that I would meet an active ot retired LEO everytime I went toa resort. I think people in high stress jobs find it to be an incredible stress relief.

This post was edited