RE:COVID 19 vs Naturists

I work from home, am not high risk but still take precautions such as focusing on outdoor venues. I was at our annual block party and all the seniors stayed home this year. The younger parents didn't practice social distancing or wear any masks, so I just avoided them. I would have left early but my kids were having fun so I read my phone instead. I still meet nudist friends one on one inside (as I have no alternatives outside) and will do a massage swap. It's a calculated risk but I need some human touch to stay sane.

This post was edited

I agree with you that we all miss our social lives. I have started to have a few buddies over, one at a time for nude coffee visits on my patio. It's large enough to keep a safe distance. We all need some nude time in the out doors as good for mental health as well.
bill

This post was edited

Went to a funeral Sunday. Everybody wore their masks and there were lots of hugs. I then went to Playalinda nude Monday and didn't touch another soul. However, one woman wore her clothes and mask onto the beach only to completely disrobe afterwards. She actually looked around before she took her mask off. The point is, human contact is generally not necessary to be a naturist.

This post was edited

Social distancing is an oxymoron. It is difficult to be social from 6 feet away. However, we must do what we must do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and I hope we have it under control soon as I miss my church, pot-luck luncheons, and giving hugs to my favorite people.I haven't been naked in public in over a year and I look like a weed that grew under a board. I could go to the pool here in my complex, but I am one of the high-risk people so I haven't done that but I am sure that if I did it naked I would have the pool to myself.

... until you were asked to leave.

This post was edited

Somebody (maybe it was California's governor) said the he didn't like the term "social distancing." He preferred the terms "physical distancing" and "social togetherness" because togetherness is what we need most in this crisis.

We have to stay six feet from each other, and we can't hug or shake hands. But that doesn't mean we have to cut each other out of our lives. I'm waiting for the day when the authorities say it's safe to be together in small groups again, practicing social distancing. That might happen when enough people get the virus to generate the antibodies they need so that they don't become carriers anymore, or when we finally get that immunization. But I can wait a few months or even years longer, as long as I can interact socially via Zoom or phone calls or forums like this one or even talking to a neighbor from ten feet away or more.

What bothers me right now is that there's a local Naturist club that I can't join until the COVID thing is over. I understand that they don't want to be a vector for people coming in from outside, but I would like to make "virtual" contact with people in the area.

This post was edited

The COVID crisis has had some pluses for me. I have spent more time at home clothes free, more time on the allotments, and more time with my partner. But it's not all fun and games as we usually entertain a lot in the garden, lots of food and drink with good company. Some of our friends have had to shield due to underlying medical problems. So this year we haven't had any get togethers

This post was edited

I haven't done much socializing with anyone since the start of all this with COVID-19. I do miss hanging out with my nudist friends. However, there is a huge advantage for me in that now I work from home full time so I am naked all day every day nearly 24/7. I have found that even when I do have to wear clothes I wear very little and go as minimal as possible when I have to leave the house. In that sense, it's been wonderful

This post was edited

I am going to sound like a rebel here. Twice this summer I have met up with a local group of nudist. Mostly outside at private homes Not a mask in sight. But maybe not as many hugs as in the past. We brought food and shared it like always. Around home, maybe the first couple of months it was pretty lonely, but from June on I have had friends and travelers here for soaks in the hot tub that about 5 1/2 wide. No masks. We have had cases here in rural Indiana. In fact I know several people who have had it , recovered and gone on with life. From what I have observed people are more and more resuming their normal behavior if they are in a setting that does not have the heavy hand of a local, state or federal govt telling them how to behave. Not just nudist. I am talking wedding receptions , churches, etc. Stores have " masks required" on the doors but the level of enforcement with the exception a couple is very lax. At some point it is up to the people not some " expert" to decide that they want to return to a more normal life and live with the risks.

This post was edited

We are free to make our own personal health decisions but endangering others in a worldwide health crisis is just being selfish.

This post was edited

I haven't done much socializing with anyone since the start of all this with COVID-19. I do miss hanging out with my nudist friends. However, there is a huge advantage for me in that now I work from home full time so I am naked all day every day nearly 24/7. I have found that even when I do have to wear clothes I wear very little and go as minimal as possible when I have to leave the house. In that sense, it's been wonderful

How much time have you been wearing anything in an average month?
How often was it shorts only?

This post was edited