Re showering with friends

What a great idea if we could just relax and shower together without getting so hung up about it. Even at the gym so many guys seem to be avoiding getting changed at the gym. Why have we become so body conscience

This topic was edited
RE:Re showering with friends

I was 12 when I went to 6th grade camp where I was introduced to a shower room that had benches and a gang shower area. Showering with friends was a new experience for me, I just followed the other boys and got naked and joined them in the showers. Then when I started 7th grade I was introduced to the locker room and gang showers in P.E. Class. It was a daily event to shower at the end of class with friends and other boys that were in 8th and 9th grade. It was not a big deal seeing other naked boys, it became a normal occurrence and nothing to be ashamed of in gym class. Then there were a few boys that would push their nudity with a little fun by running into the showers and landing on their butt and sliding across the tiled floor causing some of the boys in the showers to jump out of the way.

This post was edited

It is my observation too that more and more guys seem reluctant to shower naked at the gym or pool. It seems strange to me having grown up when open shower areas were the norm and guys all just got in there together without embarrassment.

This post was edited

It is my observation too that more and more guys seem reluctant to shower naked at the gym or pool. It seems strange to me having grown up when open shower areas were the norm and guys all just got in there together without embarrassment.

That's so true LOL......
My best friend and I have showered together at the gym and been naked in front of our lockers. He started working at the same place I work about a year and a half after I did. We have gone to several conferences together for work and had to share a hotel room. I sleep naked and I'm naked 80 % of the time in the room, he sleeps in his underwear, but once he gets up to take a shower he'll strip and stay that way until we leave. He'll brush his teeth, shave or pee while I'm in the shower and I'll do the same while he's in the shower... To this day we still shower together almost on a daily basis at the gym (our work place has it's own gym)....
It's funny we'll be out with our wives and joking around and the waiter or waitress will say, I can see you 2 are good friends.... He or I will say why yes we are, we have even showered together... we get the eye roll and Oh Dear God from the wives lol

This post was edited

When I was going to school in Finland back in the early 60's, our dressing room was coed. There were two showers at either end, one for the boys and one for the girls, the doors were never closed, cannot even remember if there were any doors, we used them indiscriminately.

This post was edited

Shortly before the wall in Berlin came down, I was at an East German Military base. Much to my surprise there was a dressing room for men and another for women but the shower area was a common area with about 30 - 40 shower heads in a common area. No hanky pankie or segregation by sex was occurring - I guess this might be a common practice in some areas of the world.

This post was edited

I have alone, and I and my partner have been to a place in Negril Jamaica , been to Hedonism 2 but this was not Hedo but near it...age limit was 16 but there were no private showers anywhere, the sleeping places had no running water so showering was in the common area for all ages both sexes and it seemed to be just fine, and the bathroom facilities were shielded from open view of the rest of facility by like a 90 degree turn and another one to enter but walls only 4ft high or so and only one stall for any one inhibited about using the bathroom in front of others...no urinals but 4 toilets maybe 5 and only one stall...I personal had no issues with that either...was not a big place like it could hold 45-50 people in like 6 ground level bungalows with 4 room each and one king sz bed in each of them, clothing was not optional 100% nudity

This post was edited

That is like the camping area at the Laguna Del Sol camping area. Communal showers. But I guess when you are a nudist, it really doesn't matter who is taking a shower right next to you.

This post was edited

I have heard that the thinking amongst todays youth re showering together in open showers, might make them look gay. - they can't be seen / caught looking at one of their peers naked bodies; the one being seen might think they were ogling him. A FAR CRY from our generation where group showers were the norm and EVERYONE of every AGE did it without a thought. This ALSO taught us that not everyone is equal in the 'trouser department', but, that didn't really matter. Was fun comparing sizes when puberty happened - and for some of the same age, it happened a LOT earlier than for others.

This post was edited

Hi. New to this group. As a male in my 60s I grew up with group showers, grade school, high school, and of course in the military. It seems silly what people do at the gym these days, the towel dances and extreme hyper masculinity where we did not care and even shaved/walked around with the towel around our necks going to/from locker to shower. I miss those days, and still walk around naked in LA fitness, much to the chagrin of self concious 20 and 30 somethings. =)

This post was edited

I too am a male in my 60s and grew up with gang showers in jr high school and high school. It was not a big deal to shower with your friends, it was just apart of growing up. After graduating from school never had the opportunity to shower in the gang showers with other guys until much later in my life. It was after I got into the nudist lifestyle and learned about the Korean Spas. Having to shower in a group environment at a Korean Spa was not a big deal since I was use to it while growing up in school. The freedom of walking around naked feels so good and relaxing while at the spa. It is interesting in watching other guys that are not embarrassed to use the group showers and then there are a few younger guys that are uncomfortable and try to hide their nakedness with a towel. During their stay at the Spa some of these guys will gradually get comfortable and allow the towel to gradually open up to show more of their body until it is no longer needed.

This post was edited