RE:What is the difference between a naturist person and an exhibitionist?

I look at it this way, exhibitionism can be a mental illness where a person can't help themselves and get naked or something others will do just for the joy or shock that they give others seeing them naked among the masses.. Hence the phrase "getting your jollies off". Whereas for a naturist it is a lifestyle choice and they wear clothes when and where it is necessary to live among fellow humans but given a choice prefers to be without clothing perhaps when alone or surrounded by their peers but not among the clothed.

This post was edited

I would say the key difference is that a naturist/nudist would not want to be nude among people who were uncomfortable with their nudity, the old saying, "if you're uncomfortable, I'm uncomfortable" . This is as opposed to the exhibitionist who derives their excitement from being naked among those who are uncomfortable or unprepared for their nudity. Furthermore the exhibitionist would probably tire of simple nudity in a setting where it has no taboo.

This post was edited

I would say the key difference is that a naturist/nudist would not want to be nude among people who were uncomfortable with their nudity, the old saying, "if you're uncomfortable, I'm uncomfortable" . This is as opposed to the exhibitionist who derives their excitement from being naked among those who are uncomfortable or unprepared for their nudity. Furthermore the exhibitionist would probably tire of simple nudity in a setting where it has no taboo.

Excellent response

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy