Turks & Nudity

I went to Turkey last year and there is a distinct anti-nudity attitude. No naturism on beaches generally. Supposedly arrestable. Went to two hammams and both times had to keep swimwear on. At the first I tried to drop mine a little when rinsing off and the guy immediately pulled them up with a very cross look on his face. SO, the object of this post is, do naturist hammams actually exist? Ive never come across one specifically in the U.K. to try and find out. Despite that, the experience of a hammam is incredible. Loved it.

This topic was edited
RE:Turks & Nudity

Which part of turkey did you visit ? I no Aga Hamami, in Istanbul Is a naked hammam with the option to keep on swimwear if you are bashful . I think more tourist hammams have strict no nudity policies I guess it depends where you visit

It was in Turunc. Two different places but both touristy.

This post was edited

I lived in Turkey for 18 years. I just returned a little over a year ago so my experiences are very recent. Turkish culture and Muslim culture do not allow for complete nudity. That said, most hamams are virtually nude to a degree. Traditionally, men will wear that plaid cloth tied around their waist when they are in the Turkish bath. When you are being scrubbed, It will be loosened and opened, although it will very carefully be placed to cover your genitals when you are face up. But that is ALL it will cover. Once you turn onto your stomach the man scrubbing you will very carefully be sure that your butt crack is not visible, however just barely. Literally every inch of your body will be scrubs minus your crack and your genitals. And it will all be visible except for those things. Religiously, they are actually supposed to cover from the waist down to the knees, according to my more observant friends. Thankfully, that is not enforced.

This post was edited

That describes my Istanbul scrub and massage perfectly

This post was edited