New encouraging Swimsuit fashion trend?

My son I were talking today and he was telling me something quite interesting. He and his wife and daughter often go out to lakes in the area to spend the day playing in the water, snoozing in the sun, picnicking, etc. They are not nudists but know my wife and I go to nude resorts, lay out by our pool nude and such. He was telling me that theyve noticed what they think may be a change in swimsuit fashion. Apparently theyve been noticing a lot of women wearing thongs and guys suits being shorter. Theyve noticed this on several outings to a couple lakes but apparently today there were at least 5 good size groups of people near where they were setup and he and his wife said more than half the women were wearing thongs and most of the shorts on guys were shorter, not the board shorts many of us have come to hate.

Interestingly my son said he doesnt see why they dont just go nude, they wouldnt be as noticeable and probably it ogled as much by others. Encouraging on both fashion and my sons attitude.

This topic was edited
RE:New encouraging Swimsuit fashion trend?

I always prefer being nude but when I must wear a swim suit, I wear a micro thong with a pouch in the front. I'm starting to see other guy's wearing them as well.

This post was edited

We recently visited a favorite hotel for a short getaway. We've been visiting this hotel for over 20 years and visit a couple times a year and usually stay for about a week. It's a family oriented hotel with a Hawaiian/Tropical theme. We sat on the pool deck with some fairly conservative friends and were having drinks and snacks and watching the kids play in the pool. Lots of families and several couples. I'd say that 1/2 the women were in thong bathing suits. The other half were older women in one piece suits or bikinis. What was surprising is that these younger women were very confident in the suits they were wearing. There were a couple that my wife and I wondered why they wear it, they're not covering much at all." The changing fashion trend would be okay in my book! ;DDD

This post was edited

We recently visited a favorite hotel for a short getaway. We've been visiting this hotel for over 20 years and visit a couple times a year and usually stay for about a week. It's a family oriented hotel with a Hawaiian/Tropical theme. We sat on the pool deck with some fairly conservative friends and were having drinks and snacks and watching the kids play in the pool. Lots of families and several couples. I'd say that 1/2 the women were in thong bathing suits. The other half were older women in one piece suits or bikinis. What was surprising is that these younger women were very confident in the suits they were wearing. There were a couple that my wife and I wondered why they wear it, they're not covering much at all." The changing fashion trend would be okay in my book! ;DDD

I wondered the same thing when I was in SoutheasrternFlorida in February.

This post was edited

I always prefer being nude but when I must wear a swim suit, I wear a micro thong with a pouch in the front. I'm starting to see other guy's wearing them as well.

Where can you wear that but not be nude?

This post was edited

Last weekend I saw some teenage boys in speedos here on a small lake in Northeast Indiana. Sort of surprised me but found it encouraging that the to the knees look might be fading

This post was edited

The board shorts have indeed gotten shorter. Never really liked the down to the knees look.

This post was edited

The board shorts have indeed gotten shorter. Never really liked the down to the knees look.

One of the dumbest looking fashion statements I've seen! Guys wear them low so they are just barely above the pubic line and low in the back to show about 1-2 inches of ass crack... but for God's sake, don't show too much leg! :DDD

This post was edited

The board shorts have indeed gotten shorter. Never really liked the down to the knees look.One of the dumbest looking fashion statements I've seen! Guys wear them low so they are just barely above the pubic line and low in the back to show about 1-2 inches of ass crack... but for God's sake, don't show too much leg! :DDD

My thoughts are the same as yours!

This post was edited

I have been trying to find shorts that are shorter but havent found any I like. I might have found some but my problem of ordering things online is they usually dont fit.

I have also noticed at the beach that the ass portion of the womens bathing suits are getting smaller and have seen a lot of women wearing thongs. Guys though are still wearing their shorts too low and are a little shorter.

This post was edited

I have been trying to find shorts that are shorter but havent found any I like. I might have found some but my problem of ordering things online is they usually dont fit.

If you have a sewing machine around, or know somebody who does, you can always take shorts and re-cut them to remove what you don't want, and then sew a new hem. Heck, you can even do that with a needle and thread while you're watching TV. It won't take long, and you'll have exactly what you want.

I have shorter legs than most men, and I've always had to take two inches off the legs and re-hem the cuffs.

This post was edited