Naked confidence vs. "just forgetting you're naked."

An "incident" with my wife made me think up this topic.
A few days ago she was reading a book , naked and comfy in her bedroom recliner, when she suddenly realized she had left her cell phone on the balcony; where she had hung out (dressed) with a friend a few hours earlier. In a rush, she walked out to the balcony; and saw that her friend from earlier had texted her. Intrigued, she started reading the text and became distracted by it. I poked my head out and reminded my wife that she was nude on the balcony, where people could easily see her from the street. She gave me a "slightly annoyed" look, and retorted: "I don't care; and as a nudist you shouldn't care either!" It appeared she was trying to pass it off as "naked confidence." But I knew that the reality of that situation was simply that the fact that she was nude, and the balcony could be seen from the street, had just momentarily skipped her mind.

Her "faked nonchalance" reminded me of an episode, albeit more "explicit" with my ex-wife, some many years prior at the nudist resort. In a nutshell: she was standing between my lounge chair and the one next to me, in a half bent stance, looking through our bag for sunscreen and leaning over to talk to me. Clearly oblivious to the fact that there was a gentleman laying behind her; and her butt was pretty much hovering over his head. The gentleman made a humorous comment about my wife "mooning" him, and laughter ensued. My wife shrugged it off as "naked confidence." But from her rosy cheeks and frozen smile it was clear that the fact that this gentleman was lying behind her had skipped her mind; and she was a bit embarrassed by the fact she had "presented" such an explicit view of herself .

I find the correlation between "naked confidence" and "just forgetting you're naked" interesting. Sometimes naked confidence leads to forgetting you're naked; because as many of us know: the more confident you are, the more likely you are to forget you're naked. Sometimes forgetting you're naked can lead to naked confidence (my first wife was so oblivious that she eventually decided to be comfortable with that fact and stop stressing about it; which lead her to becoming more confident.) Sometimes they even go hand-in-hand.

Thoughts?

This topic was edited
RE:Naked confidence vs. "just forgetting you're naked."

What you describe seems like it could be "just forgetting your naked," but there is definitely confidence there. It's encouraging to hear that your wife is becoming more comfortable with nudism. But with her response to you reminding her that she was naked on the balcony and people might see, and she did not quickly duck inside, shows some definite confidence.

My wife became more confident after a afternoon a lunch while visiting Club Orient on the island of St. Martin. Back in those early days, it was acceptable or tolerated when the nudists from Club O visited Orient Village and the Tap 5 store for groceries, take out pizza or having a pizza on one of the outside tables. Some nudists were brave and visited naked, most others, like us, wore a sarong/pareo. The females were sometimes topless or they wore the sarong more like a dress. My wife wore hers like a dress this day. We visited Tap 5 for pizza with friends and when the pizza was ready, we sat at a table and were having a nice lunch. My wife was reading a pamphlet for an excursion and like most times she hiked one leg up as she reads. The sarong fell open exposing her to those coming and going and I thought I should remind her. She looked around, looked at me and shrugged her shoulders and kept on reading and didn't drop her leg. In that instance, I felt she displayed forgetting she was naked but with enough confidence to just continue doing what she was doing, much like your wife did on the balcony. Can one really know what our wives are thinking most of the time! hahahaha

I've forgotten I was naked and walked out the front door to retrieve packages. I've walked out the front door to retrieve something from the car parked on the driveway. I've gotten as far as 2-3 steps onto the porch and realized I didn't have anything on and retreated back inside. I think if you live naked long enough, it's bound to happen and it seems as though your wife has become more comfortable and confident that if she's forgotten she's naked and then realizes it in a somewhat public setting, she's confident enough to deal with it.

This post was edited

That sounds great to me. It seems she is much more comfortable in herself naked, she may have inadvertently gone out to get her phone and was distracted but when realising after you spoke she didn't panic, well externally, and took her time. I think that s a good thing, seems like she is comfortable and not too bothered if she was "caught".

This post was edited

What you describe seems like it could be "just forgetting your naked," but there is definitely confidence there. It's encouraging to hear that your wife is becoming more comfortable with nudism. But with her response to you reminding her that she was naked on the balcony and people might see, and she did not quickly duck inside, shows some definite confidence.

Good point Andy; I hadn't looked at it that way, but actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it!

I guess my wife falls under the category of "forgets she's nude but when she realizes it, decides she's not going to care (too much)." And that can definitely be an expression of confidence.
Women can act in "mysterious ways" indeed. Trying to figure them out can leave you scratching your had sometimes lol!

This post was edited

I see forgetting you're naked as awkward, not necessarily the nudity but the lack of situational awareness. It's similar to when I get on the train after shaving with dabs of toilet paper on my face. Do I care what others think? Not much. Do I feel spacey or clueless? Yes, and that in turn can lead to being arrogant and cocky, such claiming they do it in GQ too.
Naked confidence is more a matter of dignified pride; I am naked and unashamed. I enjoy the wind blowing through my pubes and being the object of others' gaze, breathing deeply, feeling grounded and knowing it's all good.

This post was edited

I live in the country with no close neighbors. My house is about 1/4 mile from the main road and there are cow pastures on both sides. I am naked 24/7 and only put on clothes to go to the store. I honestly forget that I am naked when I go outside to do projects or to just go to the detached garage to get something. I have been "surprised" a few times by delivery drivers but they have always been cool about me being naked. Here is a pic of my driveway,

This post was edited

I myself have had many times of just forgetting I was naked. Several times I have answered the door only to be greeted with a shocked look from delivery drivers or visitors. Usually by the time I notice, it's a bit too late. Most times I would say "oops" and offer to put something on. Only one person started to act up and I just shut the door in her face.

This post was edited

The last three posts in this thread are from people that are NOT members. It's either a glitch in the system or an oversight by the owners. BUT... I'd appreciate if you'd like to post here, join the group first. Please don't post in Private groups you're not a member of.

Thanks!

This post was edited

My wife is much more nonchalant about nudity after a week at a nude resort. Then she may expose herself in passing not really thinking about it and as others have said simply shrug it off. On the other hand many times she can be overly conscious of not making any slips might you say. When someone breaks the female to male conversion code, please let me know ;-) That being said, it is the mystery that keeps life interesting.

This post was edited

I think this kind of "post social nudism" experience is not uncommon. When you've gotten so comfortable being socially naked that it "leaks over" into the textile world.

The funniest experience I've had with this was with my first wife. We'd just spend some time visiting nudist friends and hanging out at their resort; and my wife had really enjoyed herself. So much so that for the return trip she decided to just wear her sarong. By the time we arrived - late in the evening - she had dozed off and her sarong had slipped off. When I parked she sleepily realized we'd arrived; got out of the car and proceeded to the front door - without her sarong! I rushed to the door to let her in as quickly as possible; as which point she gave me a "could care less" look and walked through the door nude before heading straight to bed. I think in this case she had simply forgotten to get out of "nudist mode." It was part "naked confidence" and part "too comfortable and too tired to care!"

This post was edited

It's only happened once but Di had a slightly similar incident getting out of the motorhome after we'd arrived home from a week and a half stay at a nude resort and an 8 hr naked drive home. I pulled up to the curb and shut off the engine. She got up and grabbed her phone, purse and flip flops. She headed for the door of the motorhome, opened it and started to step out when I said, "might be best to slip something on, lots of people out right now." She stopped, walked over to the sarong she'd been sitting on, wrapped it around enough to barely cover her butt and walked into the garage. Boobs rockin' and rollin' and bouncin'... she was tired of the long, long drive and just wanted outta the motorhome. She's been more careful after that incident.

But, she has done what you're ex wife did several times during the night. When we used to visit our nude beach, we'd shower off next to the car/truck and dry off, jump in the vehicle and head for some drive thru for dinner on the road home. When we got home, she'd just get out of the vehicle, that was parked 1/2 way into the garage and begin unloading. It was usually dark by then and she felt safe doing so. Nowadays, I gotta get all the way into the garage before she'll exit naked.

This post was edited