Share Your Experiences

We have over 180 members. Come on people, it's a topic we all enjoy, let's hear about it.

This topic was edited
RE:Share Your Experiences

I got lots of stories. I hike often in and around the Nantahala National Forest west of Brevard. Sometimes with friends and sometimes solo. Most of my hiking buds aren't into the nudity aspect but on occasion one or two have joined in around the campfire or for a skinny dip after a long hike. Some of those experiences I have posted in other groups. Many of them expect me to be naked at some point and they are ok with that. BTW some of the the coolest friends are those who may not be just like you or think like you but like to be around you anyway!

My solo trips are naked as much as possible. I have a couple very secluded spots to camp where I can be naked as long as I like. Naked for a couple days alone in the woods is a great mood reset. I might miss the guys but sometimes its great to be alone and at least once or twice each year. More than once I have spent several days naked at a secluded camp site off Tanasee Creek Lake. Paddled my kayak naked and only saw the occasional fisherman in a jon boat off in the distance. I went to a nearby waterfall and played naked in the water laid naked on a sand bar there enjoying the sun while I had my lunch.

My first naked hike of any length around there was a couple years ago when another nearby lake was drawn way down for maintenance and the rivers and streams were low as well. Nobody around, not a soul other than this crazy guy. I hiked in naked from the opposite direction and camped for a couple days near a waterfall. I was able to hike from my campsite to the lake naked and barefoot as well. Then back down to the waterfall before going back to camp.

This post was edited

I first got started with nudity skinny dipping with my older brothers, and running in the woods nude when we could. Parents didn't know so we just did as we wanted without getting caught. lol. I always got nude and walking naked in the woods and skinny dipped a lot over the yrs. Sometimes with others and a lot of alone hiking. Being nude in nature is like being one with nature. The picture of me at the stream was taken on a nude hike a truenudist friend that is a photographer. Must say that was a great nude time.

This post was edited

Getting naked near a waterfall that's as good as it gets. Thanks for sharing you experience with us.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I might be familiar with this place...lol.

This post was edited

I believe you do lol

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think I might be familiar with this place...lol.

Haha you may know it. Its a well known place. Im going back up in a couple days a little further up the Tuckasegee River. I want to kayak a couple miles across the lake (naked as much as I can be) to a trail I know of and hike naked down to a secluded campsite that very few people know about. Hopefully on a weekday Ill be alone.

That whole area is great and worth the 4 hours it takes me to drive up there. If it works out Ill post info and pics here.

This post was edited

I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

This post was edited

I set out on Sunday AM and drove all the way (about 4 hours) naked with my kayak on top of the car. On arrival the boat landing was super busy and lots of boats on the water on a warm August Sunday. I was disappointed that I had to keep my shorts on. After paddling my kayak about two miles across Bear Creek Lake to the trail head I was again disappointed to see two kayaks tied up there. @#$%, I'm ready to get naked!

Apparently someone was hiking to the falls and this was the first time I had seen that, from this direction other than myself and some close friends. Again the lake was uncharacteristically busy that weekend and I noticed that someone had posted a sign marking the trail head (to Flat Creek Falls) since last time I was there so it should not have been too much of a surprise. It wasn't looking good but I had come too far and wasn't changing my plan significantly. There are a couple islands and other sites to camp right on the lake but I want interested it that this trip. I unloaded my gear and stashed my kayak well off the trail in the woods, hoping it would still be there in a few days when I returned. I put on my backpack, grabbed my trek poles and set off down the trail to my campsite.

Once I passed the spur trail which went down to the falls I figured it was highly unlikely I would see anyone past that point. I pulled my shorts off and hiked the rest of the way naked and barefoot down to my hidden campsite above the falls by the creek. Once I arrived I set up by the creek and stayed naked the rest of the day. I enjoyed a few beers and just hung out in and around the water until dark. It rained a little but I was prepared for that so I just sat under my tarp by the fire for a while.

The next day (Monday) I hiked down to the base of the falls and saw nobody. I stripped down and hung out there for a while, ate my lunch, then hiked back naked to my camp. Spent another afternoon and evening naked. It rained more late that afternoon so again I sat under my tarp with a beer or two watching the falling rain and my camp fire battle each other. Normally I would have positioned my tarp to cover part of the fire pit (which can be tricky) but since it was warm I wasn't worried about it.

Tuesday AM I broke camp and hiked out naked although I had planned to stay another day. There was too much bear activity in the area at night (thats another story) and I was feeling a bit uncomfortable staying another night. When I got close to the lake I put my shorts back on. The lake wasn't as busy as before but still a few boats on the water so I paddled back in my short running shorts only.

After loading the car back up I drove back home naked. All in all I wore nothing more than my short inseam and thin running shorts the whole trip although most of it was naked. Over the course of the trip both ways I had truckers flashing their lights or blowing their horns as I drove by on a few occasions. I wasn't trying to be noticed but wasn't covering up either. Naked driving, naked hiking, naked camping, didn't see a soul in the woods except on the lake so that made for a nice few days.

This post was edited

It sounds like you made the best of it. Thanks for sharing your adventure. I too noticed that more people out than before the COVID bug. I'm glad to see so many people enjoying the outdoors but it does mess up any plans to get naked.

This post was edited