"The Full Monty" Anybody?

Okay, guys .. admit it .... have you ever appeared on stage in the play, "The Full Monty"? If so, any stories to share?

This topic was edited
RE:"The Full Monty" Anybody?

I have, it was one of my best stage experiences.
The rest of the cast wasnt warned that we were going all the way the first time we did it in rehearsal and they went nuts (though we kept our hats in place at the end)

This post was edited

Classic! Did they have a lot of women present during that first rehearsal and/or subsequent rehearsals?

This post was edited

First time we actually stripped down was just with the directing team, but the first time with the cast was with the whole cast, so a fair number of women.

This post was edited

Another classic moment in the life of "The Full Monty"!!!

So, the directing team was all male?

This post was edited

Nope, it was a mix.
Have you been in it? What was your experience like?

This post was edited

Well, starting with the actual audition, things were a tad on the wild and fun side. The ad said, "Nudity is not required for the audition, but it is strongly encouraged." So, going in, it looked like a blast!

They auditioned us one at a time, doing two dances - one slow and one fast. There were probably 25 women in the audience, all of whom were allegedly there to audition for their own parts. Plus, the entire panel of judges was comprised of females, too. In addition, about 40 men or so were there to audition for various parts, including nude and clothed roles.

About half of the guys stayed clothed, and the other half stripped bare during their dances. Those who got nude with choreographed dances were called back for Round 2. Keep that in mind if you ever audition!

This post was edited

Anybody else participate in or see "The Full Monty" play? If so, how did it go?

This post was edited

I would have no qualms about stripping down for a stage role. But don't think any director would think my singing or dancing skills were up to par. So it would have to be a drama play.
I have seen The Full Monty as live theater, plus a college production of Hair where the nude scene was done with full nudity. I also saw a drama which was set in a fall out shelter that had two couples trapped in it. The play opened with an actor stepping nude out of shower and toweling off explaining the setting of the play.

Has anyone seen Equus the play which Daniel Radcliffe or other male actors have appeared nude?

This post was edited

Anybody else participate in or see "The Full Monty" play? If so, how did it go?

Never participated. Did see it. My son's college did it. Since my son was an arts management major and his girlfriend was a musical theater major, he knew most of the cast. His girlfriend actually had a small part in it. I had met several of the other cast members at some point also. My wife didn't go. Said seeing her son's friends almost naked on stage didn't appeal to her.

This post was edited

Long before the Full Monty was the nude scene in Hair. That was one of my first shows.

This post was edited