Best of the cheap brands?

I get the feeling this group is more for connaisseurs, so from expert experience, what's everyones go-to cheap whiskey? That being said, what's a good brand to step up from the average Jim Beam and Wild Turkey?

This topic was edited
RE:Best of the cheap brands?

I have enjoyed Clan McGregor blended scotch whiskey for many years. Its quite inexpensive yet not bad on the pallet.

This post was edited

Step up the Beam family with some Old Granddad 100 bonded. Ancient Ancient Age is another secret quickly becoming revealed. Proper Twelve Irish Whiskey is under 30 bucks around Ohio-Indiana-Kentucky. Smooth as a baby's cheeks.

This post was edited

I have enjoyed Clan McGregor blended scotch whiskey for many years. Its quite inexpensive yet not bad on the pallet.

Sorry for possibly coming across as a pain, but whiskey is as used for drinks distilled in the US or Ireland. As this refers to a 'Scotch' whisky, perhaps we can be mindful for the difference?. I do love my language, so like to see it used correctly, that being said, don't think I'll even start on the use of the word pallet! Seriously?

This post was edited

It's good to note the presence/absence of the "E" in whiskey/whisky. This distinction was made in the description for the group. I enjoy both, for certain! Maker's Mark Kentucky bourbon carried the "whisky" spelling from its founder.

There can be good bargains for all whiskeys and whiskies! And, when you are able to enjoy them nude, kissed by the sun, breeze wafting the aromas to your nose, life can be grand.

As for tasting pallets? A lot of wooden pallets are used to convey the cases of bargain whiskey and whisky around the world. However, knowing they are usually made of cheap pine or hardwoods, I recommend against tasting. Garbage fit only for carrying the finer spirits close to our homes! Your palate will thank you.

This post was edited

Not sure of its cheap credentials but I have recently opened up a bottle of" the Woodsman" and its a good tipple. and a lot better than Bells.

This post was edited

My everyday whiskey is Jim Beam Black. It's very reasonably priced, more aged and smoother than regular Jim Beam, and replaced Jack Daniels in my liquor shelf. It's the only whiskey I buy in the 1.75l size. For sipping I currently have Woodford Reserve, Eagle Rare, Makers Mark, Makers Mark 46, Four Roses Single Barrel, M B Roland single barrel, Old Forrester, and I think there's still some Maker's cask strength in the back somewhere.

This post was edited

My everyday whiskey is Jim Beam Black. It's very reasonably priced, more aged and smoother than regular Jim Beam, and replaced Jack Daniels in my liquor shelf. It's the only whiskey I buy in the 1.75l size. For sipping I currently have Woodford Reserve, Eagle Rare, Makers Mark, Makers Mark 46, Four Roses Single Barrel, M B Roland single barrel, Old Forrester, and I think there's still some Maker's cask strength in the back somewhere.

This post was edited