Global BLOCK function

This website needs this feature badly.

The site needs a BLOCK function that members can turn on that will block NON-CERTIFIED profiles.

There are sooooooo many fake profiles on the site now it is getting ridiculous!

A global BLOCK function that can be turned on or off that will block all NON-Certified profiles would be awesome.

What a fantastic idea right!

This topic was edited
RE:Global BLOCK function

That is a great suggestion send your idea to the TN office in Phoenix.

This post was edited

I certainly understand why you want this, but there are a good number of legitimate people on here that are not certified. I do believe non-certified should be blocked from uploading or viewing media. In my opinion, if you can figure out how to add media (presumably of you) to your profile, you can send the required photos to get certified.

As for the forums, there is at least one that only allows certified profiles to join. Private groups can limit to certified approval as well if that's what the admin wants.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I don't see the point as it's only two clicks to block anybody who is a nuisance.

This post was edited

Reading with interest. I have only been around a while and already see who is real and not. Maybe the screening should be on application for membership to the site. Regardless of whether people become Certified or not, and I understand the reasons for both, sensorship and selection should take place prior to us needing to 'Make that choice'. In my view.

This post was edited

I certainly understand why you want this, but there are a good number of legitimate people on here that are not certified. I do believe non-certified should be blocked from uploading or viewing media. In my opinion, if you can figure out how to add media (presumably of you) to your profile, you can send the required photos to get certified.As for the forums, there is at least one that only allows certified profiles to join. Private groups can limit to certified approval as well if that's what the admin wants.John aka cobeachbum

I agree with you. Many are uncertified simply because it is frightening to send nude pictures of yourself through the internet. I'm relatively new to this site and nudism in general. It took me a very long time to get certified because of my fear. I still have not posted any nude pictures of myself for the same reason. I'm working on that and will eventually post pictures. When I get a friend request, first I look to see if they are certified. Then read their profile and look at their media. It's pretty easy to spot the fakes.

This post was edited

I don't see the point as it's only two clicks to block anybody who is a nuisance.True. After you block they cant even seen your profile anymoreWow, really? What do they see if they look at a forum thread that the person who blocked them has posted in?

What should happen, assuming block only blocks profile viewing, is that they will see you post but if they click on your profile they will get the blocked screen and not see any details. Havent tried it but that is how it works on other sites I have been on.
Although the block message does warn youthat the block function doesnt totally prevent that person seeing your profile.

This post was edited

The person can see your comments in forums but can never see your profile or send you a private message.

Never say never. In fact the page that comes up when you block someone quite specifically states that there could be some circumstances when someone you have blocked could still see your profile. Doesnt say how likely it is, or in what circumstances that might be.

This post was edited

The current blocking doesnt really fully block anyone they can still see and read your posts in groups and forums. On the mainstream social media platforms a block is complete absolutely not interaction what so ever. So the current block function is flawed. A global block should be complete.

This post was edited

This website needs this feature badly.The site needs a BLOCK function that members can turn on that will block NON-CERTIFIED profiles.There are sooooooo many fake profiles on the site now it is getting ridiculous!A global BLOCK function that can be turned on or off that will block all NON-Certified profiles would be awesome.What a fantastic idea right!

I made this suggestion a few years ago, mainly at the time I was having to block someone who eventually had to be banned several times due to a multitude of profiles. For every profile I had to block not only the chat, but PMs and profiles as well. Even when the Moderators would ban him, he would wait until they left and he would start problems with a new profile. Finally TT1 or 2 was able to deal with him.

I am not sure, but, I think they finally wrote a common block for all the different parts of the site!

As far as your idea, I think it would be a good idea to be able to not see non certified who are bots and trolls, especially if they could not comment on your profile.

This post was edited

It might appeal to members of this group. But remember that only 6% (22,500 out of 391,500) of members are certified. Such a block would exclude 94% of members. They are not all fakes by a long way.

This post was edited