Nudism with a spouse (or significant other)

There are a few topics in several nudist forums about guys openly professing their "enjoyment" seeing other people "admiring" their naked S/O. There is usually a strong sexual undertone in those posts.
This kind of attitude is problematic; not only because it encourages objectification and sexualization of nudity, but also because it is disrespectful to the S/O; who may not be open to being "viewed" in that manner. As a matter of fact there are many nudist women who would probably reconsider social nudity if they knew their spouse got a "kick" out of other men seeing them naked.

My wife recently reached a fairly high level of naked confidence. It took a while for her to get there; but she is now comfortable naked in most nudist settings. And I am very proud of her for fully participating. I'm sure other people also notice her confidence, and obviously I cannot control what they might be thinking when they see her being naked and active. But how someone might be "perceiving my wife" is not my concern; as long as they don't demonstrate it. What is my concern is my wife has a great time and is totally comfortable being socially nude. And wants to continue going to the resort. Leaving sexuality out of it not only benefits me; because my wife then feels she can spend the day naked without any "tension", but I feel it also benefits the nudist community - especially newbies. They can see my wife and I being naked together, yet interacting naked in a non-sexual manner; and see for themselves that there doesn't have to be anything sexual going on when a loving couple hangs out naked together.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudism with a spouse (or significant other)

guys openly professing their "enjoyment" seeing other people "admiring" their naked S/O. There is usually a strong sexual undertone in those posts. This kind of attitude is problematic; not only because it encourages objectification and sexualization of nudity, but also because it is disrespectful to the S/O; who may not be open to being "viewed" in that manner.

Well said, This is one of the reluctances my wife has expressed about social nudity - "why would you want other men seeing me".

This post was edited