Back yard privacy improvements underway

We've finally decided its time to get serious about back yard privacy, (even though I'm the only one who will use it nude). I've started taking down an old chain link fence, digging out 30 year old weeds that had been inaccessible due to said fence, ordered some of those tall evergreens to replace the chain link, and we're looking at gazebo/canopy options. Its going to be a process, but I think it will be worth it. The last time I drank my coffee out there my neighbor peeked over the fence and got an eye full. I've vacuumed and covered the pool, the 70degree water wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I slipped my suit off for a second while I was in there. Seems like everywhere I look out there I find something that needs attention, but that's to be expected I guess.

Come on spring, you can't get here soon enough!

This topic was edited
RE:Back yard privacy improvements underway

Have your evergreens grown much yet?

This post was edited

As soon as you start doing improvements it seems you want to do more. Must go with the territory of wanting to enjoy our privacy without imposing our nude preferences on neighbours. Each year I try to do more and am encouraging some plants via fertiliser to grow more and close off some gaps along the fence.

This post was edited

It is a good investment of your time to be improving the garden and privacy at the same time, especially when the weather is not warm or sunny enough to be nude in the yard. The fertiliser I added is working well on the native trees, shrubs and the fruit trees, they are almost growing as you watch them. Soon we will be fully blocked off from the new house behind us.

This post was edited

Finally had some time in our yard yesterday afternoon and thankfully over spring all those plants have been growing. Our screen to the neighbours is almost complete. It's important to nourish those plants.

This post was edited

Ours is 'good enough' for nude use. Starting in January the improvements begin to take it to the next level with pergola, gazebo, extended patio, etc.

Then the hot tub...

This post was edited

We had a storm come through a few weeks ago that did some damage to my neighbor's fence. I cobbled some patches on it to make it serviceable and presentable (and keep their dogs contained), it came out OK. This past weekend I ended up helping take that fence out completely and begin construction on a new one. I don't mind helping since I will also be reaping benefits from this, and good will toward your neighbors goes a long way. It will definitely help the aesthetics of my yard, that's for sure. I've been struggling with yard design/having a vision of how I want the yard to look, I think this might help me to find some inspiration. At least I hope it does.

Anybody know of a website or program that makes it easy to see how different landscape ideas might look? I have IrfanView, but I'm not that good with it. I tried Gimp, it seemed quite similar. I'd like to see what various greenery might look like in various locations, etc.

This post was edited

The new fence is complete between our yards, the rest is underway. I must admit, it looks great and should be quite solid for a very long time. Now I just need inspiration to get the rest of the yard looking better.

This post was edited

The new fence is complete between our yards, the rest is underway. I must admit, it looks great and should be quite solid for a very long time. Now I just need inspiration to get the rest of the yard looking better.

Can you work in your yard nude now? If so, it might be all the inspiration you need.

This post was edited

If nobody else were home, I could be near the back door/patio. I still have a neighbor on the other side with a 2 story house and a clear view. He's the one that saw more than he'd anticipated when he poked his head over the fence one morning, but nothing was ever said about it. I think I'm going to bring up the subject one of these days to know for sure how they feel about it.

This post was edited

If nobody else were home, I could be near the back door/patio. I still have a neighbor on the other side with a 2 story house and a clear view. He's the one that saw more than he'd anticipated when he poked his head over the fence one morning, but nothing was ever said about it. I think I'm going to bring up the subject one of these days to know for sure how they feel about it.

When the house next door changed hands about 20 years ago, our new neighbor mentioned that he liked to keep his back yard lights on after dark. This was long before we got our privacy fence around the pool. I told him that I liked to keep my swimsuit off after dark so I wouldn't complain about the light if he didn't complain about what he might see. Neither the light nor the lack of swimwear never came up again.

This post was edited