Californias wildfires affect on vineyards

I have seen several reports on the wildfires destroying the California vineyards; are any of you in the Napa / Sonoma Valley regions? I do hope those folks have good insurance and have sent some of their vines to other regions for future propagation. Can anybody comment on the losses?

This topic was edited
RE:Californias wildfires affect on vineyards

Not from there but visited their last year. Some of the wineries we visited have been destroyed or damaged greatly by the Glass Fire. This is the second big fire that's taken it's toll on this area in recent years. Firefighters do their best to save entire properties but in the end, it's the structures that are most important and regrettably, they can't be everywhere at the same time and some of these structures are lost.

After the previous fire, in this area, there were still signs of the damage but rebuilding was well underway. I think this fire, The Glass Fire, was more destructive and severely damaged or completely destroyed 19 wineries, restaurants and resorts.

https://sf.eater.com/2020/9/30/21495351/napa-sonoma-wildfire-glass-incident-meadowood-calistoga-boswell-davis-fairwinds

This post was edited