So... where DO you keep your stuff, anyway?

Total newbie question here... but where do you keep your phone, wallet, keys, and so on when you're out and about in the nude away from a convenient storage spot?

Do you just have to bring a bag? And if so, guys: what's the best sort - a messenger bag, backpack, tote?

Truly, nudity makes one fully appreciate the glory of pockets.

This topic was edited
RE:So... where DO you keep your stuff, anyway?

It depends a little on where you are going. If I'm biking around the nudist resort, I'll have a small pack or truck on back of my bike. If I'm going to a nude beach where security is questionable, I'll have a towel with a zipper pocket to stash a couple dollars. My keys will be hidden in a magnetic holder on my car (under a bumper or wheel well). I have used a cooler with a cup inside for change and keys. Take a cable to lock it to a trash can or other obstacle. Always, always have a spare key hidden on the vehicle AND spare clothes in the trunk. Friends left their clothes on the car seat to find later the local kids broke in and stole their clothes for a laugh. But little did the kids know, our friends had heard about this problem at this beach and only left some donated clothes on the seat and their clothes in the trunk. The sheriff had a camera set up in a nearby car and the kids were picked up. Also, stay in a group where someone always stays with the stuff.

This post was edited

Sensible advice, thanks.

It sounds like safety in numbers is as true an adage with nudism as it is for other things.

Related question: does anyone know if AANR or TNSF have directories of non-landed clubs? I saw the myriad resorts listed, and even a lot of nude beaches listed, but can't recall if I saw a listing for NLG. Is it a member thing maybe?

This post was edited

Dont know how comprehensive it is, but our non-landed club as well as some other neighboring ones we socialize with here in New England are listed on the AANR website.

And for keeping stuff, we have hats with little zippered pockets big enough for a credit card, a couple of $ bills, and the car key. Ours were from a couple different nudist resorts, but you can get ones without logos in lots of styles from Amazon. A backpack with our towels and sunscreen plus some water goes with us as well. Everything else stays locked up in the car (except for a bathing suit if we are walking to the beach).

This post was edited

You can carry a a pool bag for essentials like towel, lotions ect and what ever what not you want. Cell phones are a no-no at any club or deck of a nude cruise we have been on so thats not issue. Cut the umbilical cord with the damn phone for it won't kill ya for a little bit. No one around you seeking pease wants to hear the chatter anyway. I'm on call 24/7 and if I can work it out so most should be able to. We have been to places where Kindles are permitted, once again pool bag. I'm speaking for clubs / resorts we have visited never had a prob. Never a prob with beaches in the Caribbean I know I wouldn't go that far with USA beaches. Your shoe with your wallet hid inside when you go to the water is not a good idea. !st place the low life's will go.

This post was edited

Do they usually forbid the phones entirely at resorts or just have you slap some stickers over the cameras? When you have a dependent, the ability to be reached in an emergency is critical. Just having it with you doesn't mean you're going to abuse the little bugger :)

Sounds like the general consensus is that yep - you just carry a bag or a pack, and rely on others to watch things for when you really can't be carrying it on you. A hat with a sleeve for a key and an ID or something cracks me up! Sounds like not a bad idea though, I'll have to have a look.

Thanks, all!

This post was edited

Years ago, the "fanny pack" was a fashion trend. Though they still make them, they're not really rolling off the shelves. We've found some different style shoulder packs that I will wear when I am going to a nude venue; beach, club, resort. Any other place I usually carry a backpack. Some of the shorts I now wear have pockets but by the time I put my wallet, phone, car keys in them, the shorts fall to the ground within a minute. I prefer the loose fit of my shorts so I carry one of these shoulder packs. I'll take the shoulder back with me when we visit the beach. At a club or resort, we usually have a bag with towels, sunscreen, towel clips and we'll put all the valuables and essentials: money, wallet, cells... in that as well.

This post was edited

Do they usually forbid the phones entirely at resorts or just have you slap some stickers over the cameras? When you have a dependent, the ability to be reached in an emergency is critical. Just having it with you doesn't mean you're going to abuse the little bugger :)Sounds like the general consensus is that yep - you just carry a bag or a pack, and rely on others to watch things for when you really can't be carrying it on you. A hat with a sleeve for a key and an ID or something cracks me up! Sounds like not a bad idea though, I'll have to have a look.Thanks, all!

That is usually the rule and it's usually enforced on those that are visiting for the first time. I've always said, "it's not the cell phone camera you see that should concern you (if you're concerned with having your picture taken), it's the cell phone camera you don't see that should concern you."

For us, we have family that we've agreed to be accessible to; daughters and grandkids. We carry our phones with us no matter where we are and that includes nude venues. The rules should be followed but we've seen it first hand where newbies are chastised for having their phones on the pool deck but regular members and residents are allowed to have theirs. That's BS and I've called out management for that and they usually will revert to something like; "if you get a call or text, please leave the pool deck area." They are caught in a hypocritical double standard without any real rebuttal.

This post was edited

For us, we have family that we've agreed to be accessible to; daughters and grandkids. We carry our phones with us no matter where we are and that includes nude venues. The rules should be followed but we've seen it first hand where newbies are chastised for having their phones on the pool deck but regular members and residents are allowed to have theirs. That's BS and I've called out management for that and they usually will revert to something like; "if you get a call or text, please leave the pool deck area." They are caught in a hypocritical double standard without any real rebuttal.

We too have to have our phones because of our businesses. Laguna Del Sol allows phones but has orange stickers readily available to cover the cameras. They also ask people to be courteous and take their calls away from the pool areas or others. Ill regularly get me phone out to check messages but always keep it pointed down and usually (I do forget) have the orange sticker on. If I have to make a call or take a call, I wander away from others. Im not the only one and have never had issues. It again, Im trying to the point of being obvious, to be courteous

This post was edited

Since we now both have Apple Watches we can leave our phones in our backpack and if someone calls we can see it on the watch. Usually it is an unknown number, so a tap on the watch crown sends it to voicemail. Friends are more likely to text, which also shows on the watch. The only time this doesnt work is when we go for walks. If we dont bring the phones on the walk we wont know a call came in until we get back to where our backpack is. More expensive watches have their own cellular connectivity, but then you also need wireless headphones or the desire to look like Dick Tracy talking into your watch. I guess something smaller to carry a phone in would be good especially at the beach, but at the resorts we can trust leaving everything in the backpack while we go off for a walk.

This post was edited

String bags always works for me.

This post was edited