Covid 19....What would you have done?

My wife had covid 19 about 6-8 weeks ago. The afternoon she got her test results back saying she was positive I sent a text to my boss telling him the news and telling him I would be quarantineing for 10 days as we're supposed to do so I wouldn't take a chance on possible giving it to one of them at work. The guys at work today were asking me about my wife and had her taste and smell came back. I told them it comes and goes but for the most part it's back. One of the guys spoke up and said, yes my daughters came back this past weekend. I thought for a second and then asked him what he just said. He said yea she had had it. I said why the hell did you not tell us about it because you're supposed to quarantine for 10 days. He said he thought all of it was just bullshit and he didn't want to miss work. We had a few words during the next 30 minutes, all while still working and of course I was getting hotter and hotter ever second that when by. At 9 am we took break and I was actually shaking I was so mad. I finally just threw my nail apron in the back of my truck and left. I did text my boss and told him what happened and that I was to mad to keep working with this asshole and I was going home.
He could have brought it to work and one of us carried it home to a family member. I have 4 grandchildren that I've been around during that time, 2 of which have medical issues. Did I get overly upset? Should I have thought, no big deal because none of us came down with it? Thats what he said ( none of you came down with it) . Am I thinking about all this wrong?

This topic was edited
RE:Covid 19....What would you have done?

It's hard to know to actually react or what to believe these days with that being said I'll report this. A large Hospital chain recently acquired our local hospital. Take it for what you will and this came directly to me in my own office from of a head nurse. The chief physician got a check for 16K in the mail and broke down in plain English there is more where that came from with more positive tests. He mailed the check back btw. Loop holes in every government document thats exploited I sum it to.

How many folks are listed they died of covid after a tragic auto accident but never have been tested for covid? It happens here and I cant imagine this is any place special. I had an employee who's Dr quarantined her and I sent her for a second independent test. Guess what she is back on the job. It happens here and that's why I drive out of the area to a renown State med center.

When it comes to my wife I am LARGE sensitive and would see red myself if there was an incentive person about that could effect her in anyway. Recently we found out we had 2 customers "recovering " from covid but only after we were present with them and the job was done. Luann and I agree no matter what we will not be apart even if told we should apart. I hope for both your healing and recovery.

This post was edited

No you reacted better then I would have but I work in a retirement home so I have a lot more to be careful of

This post was edited

Grandma always said, "there are always 3 sides to every story... yours, theirs and the truth." No matter what you believe or way you swing politically, and this is a hot political topic, the fact remains that NO ONE can guarantee you won't get it and if you do, it won't kill you. Are these naysayers willing to take that chance with their own lives and of those they love? If any one they were around had it and passed it on to you and then on to your kids, grandkids, parents/grandparents... would they being saying the stupid remarks they are saying. Regardless of what you hear or believe, a lot more people have died of this strain of flu virus than any other and WE are not taking chances with our lives, the lives or our kids and grandkids to try and prove some idiotic, simple minded, macho BS that this isn't real and it isn't serious.

I think you did the right thing by leaving work and alerting your boss. That co-worker would not, if ever, be trusted again, in my opinion. Your rights end where my personal space begins but you can't fix stupid and I had a job and career for 32 years because of stupid people. In all those years, I brought home the flu many times and my wife and girls got sick, really sick and I was being careful at work. According to the guys I used to work with, that are still working, the precautions they are taking currently with Covid are far beyond what we did, even with the AIDS epidemic.

This post was edited

The really stupid thing is that these people throw a fit about wearing a mask as well saying it is violating their rights when in actuality they are violating my rights as they are going to get me sick. Its been shown you can catch it through your eyes, so even if you are wearing mask they are putting your life at risk. Yes there have been incidents where fatalities have been attributed to COVID when they probably werent. But we have close friends that are RNs working the front lines and my niece is an ICU nurse, in every case theyve said two things. First, there are more patients that have it in their hospitals than are officially being reported, and second, if everyone would just wear a mask, which no one likes doing, for a few months wed pretty much be done with this mess.

Back to the OPs question, I think you did the right thing. My wife and I both have at risk conditions, Im not putting up with stupid.

This post was edited

You did the right thing. I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

This post was edited

You should remind your co-worker that your wife *DID* get covid, and as far as you kno9w, she got it because he spread it to you and you to her...

Depending upon the state you are in, he could be in for some legal trouble for not disclosing his status, and intentionally exposing others to a risk when he had been in direct contact with someone who tested positive. My wife was recently in the hospital for a heart condition, and every time I went to visit her, I had to answer the question if I had been around anyone who had tested post it even or even just had the symptoms. If I had answered yes to that question, I would not have been allowed in to see her because I would have put her at a higher risk of contracting the disease too. She already has enough factors against her for possibly contracting it that she doesnt need any others.

My job still has me working from home, but she has had to be back in the office at her job for a couple months now, and she is concerned that one of the kids at her office will have the same flippant attitude as your cow-orker. If they bring it into her office and she comes down with it, she has enough other factors that it might kill her (well to be more precise with what the nay-sayers say, it would complicate her existing conditions and they would kill her, but either way, it would be the introduction of covid that would cause her death since her other conditions are under control right now).

The company I worked for had strict enough policies that had he worked for them, they would have fired him for not disclosing his exposure and intentionally exposing others to a much higher risk of being infected. They would have also made him take a test and even if he came back negative, he would not have been allowed back into the building for 2 weeks (14 days).

This post was edited

Roystephens, you did *not* get overly upset with your co-worker who kept coming in to work while a daughter at his home had covid-19. IMO your employer should have a policy requiring employees to quarantine in such instances. If it does, it should send him home for a day without pay and document the incident in his personnel file.

These head-in-the-sand types piss me off. Same with those that think this is a partisan issue. Look at the rest of the world! Does anyone think Vladimir Putin is a Democrat? Yet look at the bubble he has surrounded himself with, and the quarantine and disinfection steps people have to go through if they want an audience with him!

Then there are the unsubstantiated rumors of covid exaggeration: "How many folks are listed they died of covid after a tragic auto accident...?" Yes, how many? Any? Who really believes that family members of the deceased are fine with death certificates listing covid-19 as the reason for death in the event of an auto accident? Or insurance companies? What about boards of medicine? Good grief! Out of 211,000+ deaths, who honestly believes there are more than a handful of deaths attributed to covid-19 that shouldn't be -- and how many more that *should* be that weren't? Why else have death rates jumped alarmingly compared to pre-pandemic times?

The willingness of so many Americans to ignore the obvious facts is astounding. No wonder the pandemic is picking up steam yet again. God help us all.

This post was edited

I agree you did the right thing. I hope your wife is OK with none of the lingering lung and other issues I have heard about.

My sister works in a large mail order warehouse. The shifts are separated by one hour for cleaning and separation of workers. Early on the Boss got serious about masks and distancing, your first violation is 3 day's for without pay. The second violation is automatic termination.

This post was edited

for those people that think covid-19 is a hoax , BS or whatever ,
on Sept 3rd i got a phone call at 5:00 a.m telling me my brother had just died !!!! he had tested positive LESS than 24 hours earlier

This post was edited

for those people that think covid-19 is a hoax , BS or whatever ,on Sept 3rd i got a phone call at 5:00 a.m telling me my brother had just died !!!! he had tested positive LESS than 24 hours earlier

Ugh, Im so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, its not the only time Ive heard stories from people losing family members. Prayers for all of your family.

This post was edited