RE:Covid 19....What would you have done?

Sorry for your loss

This post was edited

our heart felt thoughts go out to you.

This post was edited

for those people that think covid-19 is a hoax , BS or whatever ,on Sept 3rd i got a phone call at 5:00 a.m telling me my brother had just died !!!! he had tested positive LESS than 24 hours earlier

I'm sorry to hear of your loss!!!

This post was edited

I work for a small residential construction company building houses with only 4 employees one being the owner (boss). We've got 2 large homes going at the time and really don't see the boss much. I'm the lead man with 2 other employees. One house is a 2.5 million house the other is a total gut job with about a 400 grand price tag. The boss has a lot of stress on him at the time trying to get the 2.5 job finished. He stays there most the time with the different subs. I actually was hoping that after I texted him when I left the other morning that he would have gone and fired the asshole. He didn't. Actually the only thing he's said to me is in a text the next morning asking if I was coming in to work. Nothing has been spoken about what the guy did. I'm hoping it's just because he can't afford to lose a worker at the moment and after one of these jobs are finished he'll tell the guy to hit the road.

I did go to work yesterday morning but ONLY because I know how bad the boss needs all of us. I'm old school and have always been a company man wherever I've been. It's just in me I guess. I didn't speak one word to the guy and was ready for anything he might say even if it was a apology. He never said a word either but I could tell by the way he acted that he knew he better not start a conversation.

He took myself and my family's health and put it on a roulette wheel!! I think it was maybe more of his attitude about what he did more than actually what he did that pissed me off the most! What he did of course was enough but his attitude about it just fueled it I guess. There was a lot of tension at work yesterday and probably will be for a while. In my book this guy has become a freaking low life on this earth!!!! He's the dog shit I scrape off my boots!!! He's as low on my list as a child molester!!!! I can deal with you messing with me but don't fuck my my family!!!!! ESPECIALLY my grand babies! !!!!!

Damn.....now I'm pissed all over again. ...grrrrrrrrrrrr

This post was edited

I think it was best that you left and allowed yourself to cool off before you tossed your nail apron in his face instead of your truck.

Keeping the guy on is the choice a lot of companies have to make everyday. Fire the guy and fall further behind on work or let people keep working and hope no one gets sick.

I believe that my wife and many even I had it early on. She is a school teacher and when the lock down started here, she had lost her senses of taste and smell. We were home for a couple of weeks only going to get some groceries once.

Schools had closed for the rest of the year so she was in,. I on the other hand went back to work. The guidelines changed a lot over the past month. At first going into an office, we just kept distance between us, mask were not mandated yet. Each office or home I would visit had a different level of comfort. I tried to remain professional and stay distant, not shake hands and carry sanitizer. Most of the medical offices would disinfect the space after I serviced it.

My biggest fear then and now is that I may be a systemic and infect one of my elderly clients. I am thankful that no one I have been in contact with has contracted the virus.

This post was edited

for those people that think covid-19 is a hoax , BS or whatever ,on Sept 3rd i got a phone call at 5:00 a.m telling me my brother had just died !!!! he had tested positive LESS than 24 hours earlier

It's striking how easily people can pretend this isn't real, or that the people who are dying somehow don't really matter., that the deaths have nothing to teach us. The risk is real, and the risk to OTHERS is real if we don't take this seriously.

This post was edited

In response to JustACouple_1's contention that "There are more things out there [than COVID-19] that will kill you and you family with higher fatality rate that you should be concerned about":

According to WebMD on Aug. 18, when the COVID-19 death count in the U.S. was ~170,000 (compared to 213,000+ today):
"COVID is now the No. 3 cause of death in the U.S. -- ahead of accidents, injuries, lung disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many, many other causes.... The CDC says heart disease and cancer are the first- and second-leading causes of death."
The COVID-19 pandemic has killed more Americans than influenza in the last 5 years *combined*.

So, a question for JustACouple_1: What are the specific "things out there" to which you refer?

Here's a couple more: You say you "both work in the medical industry." In what capacity, pray tell? And just wondering: Are you anti-vaxxers as well?

This post was edited

Take a page from the gays and HIV... you cannot control what other people do with their bodies, but you can control what you do and the risk you're willing to accept. Back in the 90s and 2000s, if someone told me they were HIV negative, it didn't change my safer-sex game plan at all. The truth is they either didn't know or were lying about their status. Viruses have incubation periods, so positive test results lag infectious status. People will also lie/omit to avoid the issue or for their own selfish reasons. This is why you should always stick to your plan. At work, I wear a mask all the time indoors. If someone wants to have a conversation with me, we go outside and keep a distance.

This post was edited

If you step any from the news media and talk to medical professionals and learn about the Rona you will find out its not as deadly as its made out to be. There are more things out there that will kill you and you family with higher fatality rate that you should be concerned about. Yes we both work in the medical industry.

Statistically that is true, but nobody can predict how an individual will respond to exposure. Therefore, it is best to take every precaution to avoid contracting the virus. What others have survived with apparent no ill effects, others will suffer for years to come, and still others will die.

This post was edited

JustACouple_1: I quoted a statistic from WebMD, not medical advice. I'm sure you can appreciate the difference, as can others.

I ask again: What are the specific "things out there" which you contend are currently more immediate and more realistic threats to the OP and his family than a co-worker who has been co-habiting with an individual known to be infected by the novel coronavirus?

I suspect (and truly hope) you are not cavalier about the risk of infection when it comes to yourselves and your co-workers, and rather that your original post was meant to put the OP's mind at ease. However, know that there are all too many who look for the slimmest of justifications for resisting measures to control the pandemic, to the detriment of society at large.

This post was edited