RE:Covid 19....What would you have done?

JustACouple_1: Please clarify; are you suggesting that hypertension is contagious? The OP should be more worried about catching hypertension from a co-worker than COVID-19, and then transmitting it to his family members? Just wondering.

This post was edited

People don't have to tell you their medical history and due to HEPA laws you can't ask. People are supposed to quarantine for 14 days but no one can make them. If you step any from the news media and talk to medical professionals and learn about the Rona you will find out its not as deadly as its made out to be. There are more things out there that will kill you and you family with higher fatality rate that you should be concerned about. Yes we both work in the medical industry.

Has NOTHING to do with his medical history!! I don't care if it's covid, swine flu or the damn plague, we should have been told there was someone in his household that had it, whatever the hell it was!!! We should have had the option to quarantine from him if he don't care enough about people to quarantine from them!!!

Yes I'm just a construction worker....but hey...my wife is in the medical field which I guess counts half way.....oh..and she goes every day to see a friend that works with her....well he did work with her....he's been in the hospital for the past 2 1/2 months on a vent most of that time....but hey...I'm not worried. ...there a lot of other things I could die from :-/ .....geeeeeeze

This post was edited

JustACouple_1, if we were in the midst of a pandemic of flu, MERS or TB, I would be every bit as concerned about those as I am of COVID-19. Fact is, we are not. As I mentioned earlier, the U.S. COVID-19 death toll *so far* this year exceeds that from the last 5 years of flu *combined*. And from the positions you've put forward here, I do not consider your comments to constitute "solid medical advice."

This post was edited

Once again he legally does not have to tell you and you cant legally ask him because of HEPA laws.

Well you've outed yourself for being full of BS. The first time I thought it might be a typo but now youve put it in twice. You claim to be medical field, being a nurse and hubbie being a paramedic. Anyone in the medical field is VERY VERY much aware of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA laws. There is no such thing as HEPA laws, unless you are talking out the laws of physics around air filtration systems.

Its not just the internet. The CDC has even put out information about COVID now being the third highest cause of death behind heart disease and cancer and thats its killed more people than the last five years of flu combined.

This post was edited

Once again he legally does not have to tell you and you cant legally ask him because of HEPA laws.

We're not talking about legality here. Go back and read the original post!!!! We're ( I'm ) talking about having the DECENCY the RESPECT the CARE of telling your co-workers for the sake of them and their familys that someone in your household has a deadly, to some people, virus!!!!!!!! In case you haven't heard we're in a pandemic!! What the fuck don't you understand about that??????? It's not AT ALL about what he should do legally!!! It's about doing whats right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What you should do morally!!!!! When you care about a 6-7 hundred dollar pay check more than someone's health when YOU possibly have control of their health, your one SORRY son of a bitch, or bitch which ever fits!!!!!

I bet the only news you watch is info wars on the Internet, like him. Am I right??

This post was edited

As to what I would have done about COVID, as soon as I saw it targeted old sick people like myself I would suggest they take precautions to avoid catching it. The National shutdown was and is stupid. If I were still working I would be cashiering in a grocery store since people need food. If I caught it so be it, the death rate is so low that it's not as big a concern as the diabetes I already have. We all die sometime, since I just found out that my heart issues have come back they are a much bigger concern than catching the flu.

This post was edited

Ugh... who here in this thread has referred to internet-derived medical advice? NO ONE. Yet JustACouple_1 keep raising this canard as a very weak smokescreen. (I linked to a CDC-derived statistic on WebMD simply because that was the 1st site quoting the stat in my web search. Apparently JustACouple_1 thinks a statistic = "medical advice".) Look, I get it; there are those who think the COVID threat is overblown--it's not that deadly, or it only affects the old and weak, or hell, the whole damn thing is just a hoax, despite pronouncements from WHO and CDC and medical experts worldwide (probably all just part of the leftist plot to weaken the U.S., right?). But it is particularly disturbing when people employed to care for those who are ill do not stand up to the deniers, and instead fall in with the "what's the big deal?" crowd.

As naturistsc56 said, "People have become more focused on themselves over the years and its a damn shame." Amen to that.

This post was edited

Ugh.......I can try and tell people to not use the internet for medical advice but seems like people will still do it. If you in So Cal hit me up and let's go tour the hospital I work and we can talk to my director about Covid and get real medical advise. I see the grammar police are at it but I can't help the auto correct the Amazon Fire tablet does right as I hit send to post for the HEPA correction.

It is good that you found a medical professional you can trust.

My experience with then leads me to believe they (medical professional) are NO different than the locals at the bar talking politics or religion. Each one has their mind made up according to their personal beliefs. With drugs they have prescribed for me, I have found the old saying to be true, "The cure is worse than the disease". And "Practising medicine" is true because they don't have it figured out yet :-(

Anyone who has been following just the Covid-19, has seen the medical professionals backtrack and change their recommendations as new info comes in. And they are not clarevioent, when asked by the media "what will happen", they should stop trying to predict the future. We have seen those predictions bite more than a few people in the butt.

This post was edited

i have been following this thread and will say this about wearing a mask and social distancing

wearing a mask and social distancing is NOT a political statement !!!!
people that DO NOT wear a mask and practice social distancing
are one of two things
(1) they are just to damn stupid to understand why its necessary OR
(2) they just don't give a damn if they make anyone else sick or even kill them !!!!
there is simply no other way to look at them !!!!!

This post was edited

JustACouple_1 said:
Ugh.......I can try and tell people to not use the internet for medical advice but seems like people will still do it. If you in So Cal hit me up and let's go tour the hospital I work and we can talk to my director about Covid and get real medical advise. I see the grammar police are at it but I can't help the auto correct the Amazon Fire tablet does right as I hit send to post for the HEPA correction.

As others said, we are not getting medical advice from the internet. We are getting statistics and they happen to be on the internet but are direct from the CDC, state government sites etc. As forgoing to visit a hospital, I dont really need to fr several reasons. First, We have two very close friends that are RNs working the front lines. Second, I have a niece that is an ICU nurse. And third, etc. I was just in the hospital for back surgery and had plenty of chance to talk with the doctors and nurses there. In each and every case they are adamant how really and horrible this thing is and my niece has even talked about how at times shes had more patients in the hospital due to COVID than are listed on the numbers that get published by the county. Also, COVID is killing more people than hypertension or whatever other BS you said. It is now the third leading cause of death.
www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-is-now-the-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s1/

For those that think we should just go about life normally and so what if they get it, lets look at the numbers.
Per the numbers I just looked up, currently in the US the total number of COVID cases is 7,894,478 with 218,648 deaths So that means 2.769% of the people with COVID have died in the US. This is lower than many other countries but not a lot. Now, the US has approximately 3301000,000 people. Lets say we do nothing and let it run and 75% of the population gets it before herd immunity stops it. (Epidemiologists usually say 70%-80% to get herd immunity). So that means we end up with 248,250,000 cases. If 2:769% of them die then 6,874.042 people would die. Over 6.8 million people dying just in th USis not a problem?!??? If you really think this is not a problem you got your head up your ass.

This post was edited