RE:Covid 19....What would you have done?

Someone in this topic has sent me a few nasty messages this morning. It proves that ugly comes in all forms even if they are a nudist. Truely sad that this happens :(

Just want to make it known. ....it's wasn't me!

This post was edited

JustACouple_1 said:Ugh.......I can try and tell people to not use the internet for medical advice but seems like people will still do it. If you in So Cal hit me up and let's go tour the hospital I work and we can talk to my director about Covid and get real medical advise. I see the grammar police are at it but I can't help the auto correct the Amazon Fire tablet does right as I hit send to post for the HEPA correction.As others said, we are not getting medical advice from the internet. We are getting statistics and they happen to be on the internet but are direct from the CDC, state government sites etc. As forgoing to visit a hospital, I dont really need to fr several reasons. First, We have two very close friends that are RNs working the front lines. Second, I have a niece that is an ICU nurse. And third, etc. I was just in the hospital for back surgery and had plenty of chance to talk with the doctors and nurses there. In each and every case they are adamant how really and horrible this thing is and my niece has even talked about how at times shes had more patients in the hospital due to COVID than are listed on the numbers that get published by the county. Also, COVID is killing more people than hypertension or whatever other BS you said. It is now the third leading cause of death.www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-is-now-the-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s1/For those that think we should just go about life normally and so what if they get it, lets look at the numbers.Per the numbers I just looked up, currently in the US the total number of COVID cases is 7,894,478 with 218,648 deaths So that means 2.769% of the people with COVID have died in the US. This is lower than many other countries but not a lot. Now, the US has approximately 3301000,000 people. Lets say we do nothing and let it run and 75% of the population gets it before herd immunity stops it. (Epidemiologists usually say 70%-80% to get herd immunity). So that means we end up with 248,250,000 cases. If 2:769% of them die then 6,874.042 people would die. Over 6.8 million people dying just in th USis not a problem?!??? If you really think this is not a problem you got your head up your ass.

Without denying that Covid is serious, I would like to point out that the death rate has been decreasing as a percentage of new cases has been decreasing over time. Part of this is that we are getting better at treating the disease. Another reason is that governors in fou populous stated (NY, NJ, PA, and MI) sent elderly non-critical Covid patients to nursing homes, even though there were emply beds in temporary hospitals, resulting in thousands of deaths.

This post was edited

I posted this in the other topic but thought it would be appropriate to post it here as well.
It is a situation I personally experienced.

I think the biggest problem with Covid is the "It only happens to others" mentality!

I work in the public every day, an essential business.
An employee came to work, she had symptoms. She has allergies so made the personal assumption that she wasn't really sick.
As a policy, she was required to report her sickness but didn't because she felt she was okay.

Not!

She worked for three days around others, then found out she was positive.
It started a domino effect. Some coworkers who she had been in direct contact with had to self quarantine, two more of them eventually became positive. One of them infected their whole family, no telling how many more were infected by them as a result.

The ones who tested positive caused another group to have to self quarantine.

Fortunately, only three of my employees actually have contracted the virus but it could have been much worse. Many had to be out of work as a result of one person who should have just stayed home when she didn't feel well.

We follow all the CDC guidelines, I believe it helped control what could have been a much worse situation but it still had a very negative impact on the business with so many out of work and the income of some others. Just because on person felt "it only happens to others, not me"!

One of the positives was tested early and was negative but it was too early to detect it as they were not showing symptoms yet but surfaced several days later. They thought they were in the clear due to the negative test so when the real thing finally hit, it was written off as a cold instead of going to get re-tested, causing a spread to even more.

This story isn't related to naturists but I'm writing this as more of a public service message. It is vital that any symptom have to be taken seriously. Don't be that person that thinks that it wont happen to you.

For the record, the first was a senior, the second, in their 20's and the third in their 40's.

I'm not an alarmist but I am a realist. If people don't take this serious it will much more difficult to get it under control!

I personally don't like wearing a mask but will and do for the sake of others as well as my own personal protection. You don't need to be a scientist to know that you shouldn't get near people who are sick or that you should stay away from others if you are sick.

Don't be a Karen! We all have to act responsibly for the well being of others.

Just my opinion!

This post was edited

I posted this in the other topic but thought it would be appropriate to post it here as well.It is a situation I personally experienced.I think the biggest problem with Covid is the "It only happens to others" mentality!I work in the public every day, an essential business.An employee came to work, she had symptoms. She has allergies so made the personal assumption that she wasn't really sick.As a policy, she was required to report her sickness but didn't because she felt she was okay.Not!She worked for three days around others, then found out she was positive.It started a domino effect. Some coworkers who she had been in direct contact with had to self quarantine, two more of them eventually became positive. One of them infected their whole family, no telling how many more were infected by them as a result.The ones who tested positive caused another group to have to self quarantine.Fortunately, only three of my employees actually have contracted the virus but it could have been much worse. Many had to be out of work as a result of one person who should have just stayed home when she didn't feel well.We follow all the CDC guidelines, I believe it helped control what could have been a much worse situation but it still had a very negative impact on the business with so many out of work and the income of some others. Just because on person felt "it only happens to others, not me"!One of the positives was tested early and was negative but it was too early to detect it as they were not showing symptoms yet but surfaced several days later. They thought they were in the clear due to the negative test so when the real thing finally hit, it was written off as a cold instead of going to get re-tested, causing a spread to even more.This story isn't related to naturists but I'm writing this as more of a public service message. It is vital that any symptom have to be taken seriously. Don't be that person that thinks that it wont happen to you.For the record, the first was a senior, the second, in their 20's and the third in their 40's.I'm not an alarmist but I am a realist. If people don't take this serious it will much more difficult to get it under control!I personally don't like wearing a mask but will and do for the sake of others as well as my own personal protection. You don't need to be a scientist to know that you shouldn't get near people who are sick or that you should stay away from others if you are sick.Don't be a Karen! We all have to act responsibly for the well being of others.Just my opinion!

There really needs to be a thumbs up or like button on this site ;-)

This post was edited

for those people that think covid-19 is a hoax , BS or whatever ,on Sept 3rd i got a phone call at 5:00 a.m telling me my brother had just died !!!! he had tested positive LESS than 24 hours earlier

I am so sorry to hear that. My brother has a severe case of copd and is on oxygen and i know if he got it he would not make it. I haven't visited him since the pandemic hit and only seen him once when I dropped off a burger at his house.

I think it should be a criminal offense if you know you have it or someone in your family does and you don't quarantine. It's the only way we are going to stop the spread of this. Most people i see around where i live are masking up however there are those few that just won't.

My wife and I went to a restaurant on our 31st anniversary 10 days ago. First time doing so since this hit. It was a week night and no one was within 15 feet of us besides our waitress which was masked up as were all the staff there. I assume we are in the clear now but wasn't real comfortable at the time.

I don't know how this is all going to end but I sure don't want to get it. That's why I haven't been back to my favorite nudist resort since this hit.

This post was edited

Without denying that Covid is serious, I would like to point out that the death rate has been decreasing as a percentage of new cases has been decreasing over time. .

I will have to disagree with that, sorry.

The news I watch shows it to be like a roller coaster. We have seen the numbers drop and the guidelines relaxed. Only to see the numbers spike again. Like someone else here I blame it on the "I won't get it" and the "I don't care" crowds. I have seen recent videos from bars, wedding, ect, NO masks and no social distancing. And Wisconsinites and others wonder why their numbers are currently spiking, and pissed that their Governors are tightening restrictions again.

The wife and I went to a funeral in April, Because of the way people ignored the guidelines, we have not gone to 2 other funerals and 2 weddings this summer.

This post was edited

Without denying that Covid is serious, I would like to point out that the death rate has been decreasing as a percentage of new cases has been decreasing over time. .I will have to disagree with that, sorry.The news I watch shows it to be like a roller coaster. We have seen the numbers drop and the guidelines relaxed. Only to see the numbers spike again. Like someone else here I blame it on the "I won't get it" and the "I don't care" crowds. I have seen recent videos from bars, wedding, ect, NO masks and no social distancing. And Wisconsinites and others wonder why their numbers are currently spiking, and pissed that their Governors are tightening restrictions again.The wife and I went to a funeral in April, Because of the way people ignored the guidelines, we have not gone to 2 other funerals and 2 weddings this summer.

Agree that cases are creeping upward, but deaths and hospitalization continue to decline.

This post was edited

We are in a crisis and I urge everyone to take this seriously for the sake of all of us. I wear a mask and social distance and I pray that you will too.

This post was edited

I tested positive a few weeks ago. Fortunately, I had mild symptoms and am now fully recovered. Being 69 years old, it could have been very different.

I and my whole family had been extremely diligent in staying safe, wearing our masks and generally avoiding gathering of any nature. I drive coach buses and did so for one wedding party that were perfect. Every single person wore a mask boarding and de-boarding and throughout the trip, both ways.

The following week, was the opposite. Not a single person wore a mask. Every seat was full. Singing, shouting, dancing in the aisle. Whole bridal party was on board. Based on many of the chants and comments they were Trump supporting folks who believed it is not important what harm they cause to others as long as they do what is best for them. I contracted Covid that night. It could have caused me my life. And the lives of my family.

Dig deep into your hearts America when going to the polls.

This post was edited

Did I get overly upset?
No, you did not.

Should I have thought, no big deal because none of us came down with it?
Covid-19 is a big deal. It's very contagious.

What's next?
You and your loved ones on a ventilator gasping for that small breath of air...
and he says "It's no big deal, they're not dead ...yet"

We had a few words during the next 30 minutes, all while still working ...
I hope he gets the message or at least question his position on the seriousness of this disease.

We're ( I'm ) talking about having the DECENCY the RESPECT the CARE
I'm all for it. For your co-worker, this is a tough one.

You and your co-worker are not on the same page with regards to the seriousness of Covid-19.

You have a good idea of what Covid-19 can do to you and your loved ones, if infected.
However, your co-worker's position is: "Eh?!"

... for the sake of them and their familys that someone in your household has a deadly, to some people, virus

When anyone in the house tested positive, it's safe to assume that everybody in that household has been exposed.
You don't need symptoms to show. Asymptomatic transmission is common.

Am I thinking about all this wrong?

For some the realization of Covid-19 came too late.

This post was edited