RE:Covid 19....What would you have done?

For some the realization of Covid-19 came at a huge price.

It's about doing whats right!
For the author, writing this Op-Ed was the right thing to do.

"You cannot imagine the guilt I feel, knowing that I hosted the gathering that led to so much suffering.

You cannot imagine my guilt at having been a denier, carelessly shuffling
through this pandemic, making fun of those wearing masks and social distancing.

You cannot imagine my guilt at knowing that my actions
convinced both our families it was safe when it wasnt.

For those who deny the virus exists or who downplay its severity,
let me assure you: The coronavirus is very real and extremely contagious.

Before you even know you have it, youve passed it
along to your friends, family, coworkers and neighbors."

A harsh lesson in the reality of COVID-19
Read the full Op-Ed here: dallasvoice.com/a-harsh-lesson-in-the-reality-of-covid-19/

This post was edited

Minimalist75 said:

Without denying that Covid is serious, I would like to point out that the death rate has been decreasing as a percentage of new cases has been decreasing over time. Part of this is that we are getting better at treating the disease. Another reason is that governors in fou populous stated (NY, NJ, PA, and MI) sent elderly non-critical Covid patients to nursing homes, even though there were emply beds in temporary hospitals, resulting in thousands of deaths.

Yes, the mortality rate has decreased from around 4% initially, the 2.769% number was calculated off of the cases vs deaths numbers as of last night. In reality the 2.769% is slightly low because we do not know how many of the currently active cases are going to result in death. Doing nothing with a mortality rate of 2,769% would result in over 6.8 million Americans dying. Thank God that Governors started locking down early, if wed done nothing initially the death count would be even more staggering. California has gotten a bad rap for still being locked down more than other states, well Im glad we are, Californias numbers are improving, they arent declining as much as they were but they are declining while much of the rest of the country is climbing and fairly spindly. In addition, although California has the most cases, we are currently #30 when states are ranked by cases per capita

This post was edited

Minimalist75 said:Without denying that Covid is serious, I would like to point out that the death rate has been decreasing as a percentage of new cases has been decreasing over time. Part of this is that we are getting better at treating the disease. Another reason is that governors in fou populous stated (NY, NJ, PA, and MI) sent elderly non-critical Covid patients to nursing homes, even though there were emply beds in temporary hospitals, resulting in thousands of deaths.Yes, the mortality rate has decreased from around 4% initially, the 2.769% number was calculated off of the cases vs deaths numbers as of last night. In reality the 2.769% is slightly low because we do not know how many of the currently active cases are going to result in death. Doing nothing with a mortality rate of 2,769% would result in over 6.8 million Americans dying. Thank God that Governors started locking down early, if wed done nothing initially the death count would be even more staggering. California has gotten a bad rap for still being locked down more than other states, well Im glad we are, Californias numbers are improving, they arent declining as much as they were but they are declining while much of the rest of the country is climbing and fairly spindly. In addition, although California has the most cases, we are currently #30 when states are ranked by cases per capita
True but the 2.769% is beginning to now. Death rate for the past 3 months is under 2% and still headed down.

This post was edited

I tested positive a few weeks ago. Fortunately, I had mild symptoms and am now fully recovered. Being 69 years old, it could have been very differenThe following week, was the opposite. Not a single person wore a mask. Every seat was full. Singing, shouting, dancing in the aisle. Whole bridal party was on board. Based on many of the chants and comments they were Trump supporting folks who believed it is not important what harm they cause to others as long as they do what is best for them. I contracted Covid that night. It could have caused me my life. And the lives of my family.Dig deep into your hearts America when going to the polls.

So sorry to hear you had to endure the consequences of ignorant, stupid people. You are lucky you survived.

This post was edited

Minimalist75 said: True but the 2.769% is beginning to now. Death rate for the past 3 months is under 2% and still headed down.

You seem pretty cavalier about that. For me that rate is still too high. It has already been stated and shown (more politely), many in the general population are childish IDIOTS. For those of us with at risk people in our lives we must take this seriously.

This post was edited

Minimalist75 said: True but the 2.769% is beginning to now. Death rate for the past 3 months is under 2% and still headed down.You seem pretty cavalier about that. For me that rate is still too high. It has already been stated and shown (more politely), many in the general population are childish IDIOTS. For those of us with at risk people in our lives we must take this seriously.

I have said that Covid is serious several times and I do take it seriously, wear maskd in public places, etc. Yes, even 2% is still way too high but heading in the right direction.

This post was edited

From a perspective of simply trying to mind you and your families health I think you did the right thing

This post was edited

From a perspective of simply trying to mind you and your families health I think you did the right thing

This post was edited

Terribly bad situation for you, your co-workers and your family. Surprised you handled it as well as you did. This is what makes this whole situation so hard, being at the mercy of those who make such poor decisions out of ignorance rather than knowledge. I think you did well considering the position you were in.

This post was edited