RE:My family does not tolerate naturism / nudism

How about this...get your own place as your stated age is 26.

This post was edited

Its true at that age he should be already independent, however some people cant do it for economical reasons, maybe its his case, rent are getting expensive and salaries are not enough to cover all expenses.

This post was edited

Today, there seems to be more and more kids living with their parents longer. For whatever reason, the parents should be doing what's necessary to have their kids want independence but in many cases, they just make it easier for them to stay and remain dependent. You can't be of an age where a majority of the young adults of 20 something are already out on their own and not wonder what is wrong with your own picture.

We began forcing independence on our girls when they went off to college. As the years rolled by, they were given more and more responsibility for themselves. At 23, they were done with college, had jobs and had 2 room mates and had their own place. A year or so later, they were down to 1 room mate that was a good match. By 25, they had their own apartment, paid for almost all their bills but occasionally, they'd come to us for help.

Both of them were well aware of our nudist lifestyle. THEY, did not want to come home and disrupt our life. They knew that we'd cover when they were home and they did not want to do that to us. They did what was necessary to keep their independence. It's hard to go out on your own but you can't have it easy at mom and dads and then complain that you can't do whatever you want or live like you want when it differs so much from the house you're living in.

The ones I can not understand are the 30 somethings and 40 somethings that still live at home with mom and dad. Yes, caring for their parents is the exception but living with your healthy parents at such an older age is not good for the parents and the older offspring. I didn't us kids because at 30-40's... you're not a kid anymore!

This post was edited

I do know there is some expensive places to live and afford to live on your own in the States . Places like SoCal and South Florida are pricey. I grew up on the street sleeping in cars and between bldgs after the age 17 so I have limited empathy, if I made it anyone can. Might not be in your choice of location where you can stay so you relocate to where you can get a job and afford even if its just a boarding a room. Yes I am old school and did not except my kids whining or laziness since I worked 2 full time jobs to make it all happen. They are all successful in there area's of professional and launched out of the house way before they were even 20.

This post was edited

I think as parents we all want our kids to have a little less hard knock life than we experienced but at what cost to them in the end. We hated to see our girls struggle but they weren't REALLY struggling. Some things were just not at the top of the priority list and some kids think they should have all the things mom and dad have and that they should have it now, instead of working for it and towards it, like we had to.

We have close friends that still help their 40 something kids financially; cell phone bills, car insurance, rent, month to month living expenses. One couple we are close friends with has a 40 something y.o. son that makes more money than dad and they still pay his cell phone bill. Their reason; so he'll be forced to call and stay in contact. I doubt it would stop if they just stopped paying his cell phone bill.

We tell our friends about what we did to our girls and how we taught them independence. Sometimes, instead of praise, we are chastised for being cruel. We never let them starve, we never made them live on the street. We continued to show them how to live on their own and gain full independence from us and our rule. I think that was the kicker for us. "If you don't want us telling you how to live or spend your money, stop taking money from us!" ;DDD

This post was edited

We have one of each, even though we tried to raise them the same way.
The older is 38 and still lives home. The only time he didn't was when he went to college for a year but college didn't work out, While he has worked most of the time since, he has never made enough money for his own place, and several attempts to find roommates didn't work out.
Our younger is 29, moved out at 22 and has only been back living here for two very short stints between apartments. He lived as one of 4 or 5 in a house, then 3, then he and his girlfriend got an apartment. We do help with major unforeseen expenses, like when his transmission failed, but he is basically on his own.

This post was edited

I'm the kid who moved back home. Within a year of getting my first job after college and getting married, the oil embargo hit and I lost my job. We had savings and when the lease on our apartment ran out, my parents invited us to move into the basement room. We were there for two months before moving not only out of the house but out of town too. While there, we were not freeloaders and took care of a lot of the household chores, did maintenance and some improvements. We were all happy with the arrangement.
It happened again eighteen years later when my wife decided we didn't need to be married any longer.

This post was edited

I'm sorry, but the kids being home while older is not a parenting problem. The realities of today are just WILDLY different than the realities of earlier decades. This has been going on since the early 2000s. Younger people simply aren't able to make it like they used to be able to. Rent is high. Property is scarcer. Wages are comparatively far lower. Jobs are harder to get - especially because there's a huge entrenched work force now. More education is required to get anywhere. Credit is predatory and considerably worse. Education costs WAY more than it used to - and again, is more necessary... I'm sorry... but folks saying "Kids should be independent!" and "Back in my day!" need to just do a reality check and really look the hell around. This isn't the same world. Opportunity is considerably down from where it used to be. Gotta take off the nostalgia goggles.

Additionally - multi-generational homes aren't that uncommon in most of the world. Everyone splitting out ASAP was a relatively recent phenomenon, and mostly in areas that were empty enough and prosperous enough to handle it.

This post was edited