RE:Single Mens Army

We have over 400 friends requests pending. They are almost exclusively from single men who either want to have sex with me, Lorna or both of us. We make it clear on our profile that we are genuine naturists and not swingers but they must not have read that.If you are a naturist couple on the internet this is what you have to put up with.

Do you two, or in particular Stevie, realise why so many of us have a pop back at you ? You are trolling the comments of other genuine people, you think you are such experts on the subject of Naturism/nudity, when you are truly not !

I will stand up for anyone on here that has a genuine question to ask, regardless of the subject and whether it's been asked before by someone else ! I am sticking up for that persons right to ask whatever damn question they want to, and I WILL call you out on your bitch comments, that are certainly not constructive or helpful.

I certainly don't get why you two think your such popular sexual objects to over 400 friend requests (mostly from single guys) ! Perhaps they see something in you Stevie, that you have been trying to hide all your life ? Just saying .....

This post was edited

We have over 400 friends requests pending. They are almost exclusively from single men who either want to have sex with me, Lorna or both of us. We make it clear on our profile that we are genuine naturists and not swingers but they must not have read that.If you are a naturist couple on the internet this is what you have to put up with.Do you two, or in particular Stevie, realise why so many of us have a pop back at you ? You are trolling the comments of other genuine people, you think you are such experts on the subject of Naturism/nudity, when you are truly not !I will stand up for anyone on here that has a genuine question to ask, regardless of the subject and whether it's been asked before by someone e lse ! I am sticking up for that persons right to ask whatever damn question they want to, and I WILL call you out on your bitch comments, that are certainly not constructive or helpful.I certainly don't get why you two think your such popular sexual objects to over 400 friend requests (mostly from single guys) ! Perhaps they see something in you Stevie, that you have been trying to hide all your life ? Just saying .....

I think your comment is full of hate and quite immature. Do not demand respect from other users using such a bad manner.

This post was edited

A lot of traffic in this post since I last commented. I would say that, as someone who counts as a single male nudists on this site, I dont totally agree with the OP.
Yes you have a right to reach out to people. But you also have a responsibility to do so in a friendly and constructive way that respects what they put down as interests and preferences on their profile, And it is amazing how few people read profiles before sending friend requests etc.
If that profile says no single men. Fine, move on, respect it dont ignore it. You dont know quite what reason there is behind it, and you have no right to know.
It is no different from the sign on my front door saying no cold callers. We are fed up with the hassle of people knocking on our door trying to sell stuff or collect for charity. It means that we do miss some charities that we would actually donate to, but other ways of doing that. It doesnt stop our new next door neighbour coming round to say hi.
It prevents hassle from the type of people that have become a nuisance. Is it unfair in classing them all the same, undoubtedly yes. But we have a right to limit who we deal with at our front door.
Someone putting no single men on their profile or ignoring approaches from single men is exactly the same. Could it be unfair in the motivations of a particular single make, yes it could. But it is their right to do and that possibly a greater right than your right to expect to talk to them.

This post was edited

.I think your comment is full of hate and quite immature. Do not demand respect from other users using such a bad manner.

Hes a moron. Dont worry about his words.

This post was edited

.I think your comment is full of hate and quite immature. Do not demand respect from other users using such a bad manner.Hes a moron. Dont worry about his words.

I guess people are too delicate nowadays

This post was edited

Guzzi27 wrote:
Yes you have a right to reach out to people. But you also have a responsibility to do so in a friendly and constructive way that respects what they put down as interests and preferences on their profile, And it is amazing how few people read profiles before sending friend requests etc.If that profile says no single men. Fine, move on, respect it dont ignore it. You dont know quite what reason there is behind it, and you have no right to know.Someone putting no single men on their profile or ignoring approaches from single men is exactly the same. Could it be unfair in the motivations of a particular single make, yes it could. But it is their right to do and that possibly a greater right than your right to expect to talk to them.

Well said, Guzzi. The longer I live, the more I appreciate that nearly everybody is in some sort of struggle against their past or something that happened there, and we don't have a clue about what that struggle is about. So respecting other people's space is paramount, whether it's in person or on a forum or whatever.

I should point out that we single men are often paying for the sins of other single men who have refused to respect that space of others. Yes, it's a shame that we have to do this. It's a form of profiling, which we decry when we see our police or our press doing it. But it's a fact we have to live with. Simply saying that it's wrong doesn't exonerate us from having to disregard it. We single men have to convince others that we do respect the space of others, that we won't stare at women or hit on them or otherwise make them uncomfortable. If the "Single Men's Army" has an enemy to fight, it's not the people who put us down. It's the countless single men who have pissed in the pool in the past, and who are doing it now.

This post was edited

I should point out that we single men are often paying for the sins of other single men who have refused to respect that space of others. Yes, it's a shame that we have to do this. It's a form of profiling, which we decry when we see our police or our press doing it. But it's a fact we have to live with. Simply saying that it's wrong doesn't exonerate us from having to disregard it. We single men have to convince others that we do respect the space of others, that we won't stare at women or hit on them or otherwise make them uncomfortable. If the "Single Men's Army" has an enemy to fight, it's not the people who put us down. It's the countless single men who have pissed in the pool in the past, and who are doing it now.

Wise words thanks for sharing this perspective all to often a perspective that get drowned out by those who suggest anything goes without regard for consequence.

This post was edited

Exactly

This post was edited

I should point out that we single men are often paying for the sins of other single men who have refused to respect that space of others. Yes, it's a shame that we have to do this. It's a form of profiling, which we decry when we see our police or our press doing it. ... If the "Single Men's Army" has an enemy to fight, it's not the people who put us down. It's the countless single men who have pissed in the pool in the past, and who are doing it now.

You come out against profiling only to ... profile yourself. Are you saying that only single men piss in the pool? Implying that men who have a female chaperone behave? Isn't that a bit like saying black people are arrested for driving while black are justified because black drivers before them were worse drivers than their ethnic majority counterparts/ Could we perhaps focus on the condemnable behavior without profiling?

This post was edited

Profiling is a harsh, calculating way to describe whats going on here.

If you meet a new person or people in the real world you can within a short period get a sense of them and if you will like them enough to become friends.

This is the subconscious at work, you can say you are profiling or call it intuition but you do it all the time and with everyone.

On TN you sometimes get very few pieces of information to make a judgement if you want to be friends with someone who sends a requests.

With no accompanying message all you have is what they say about themselves on their profile. You get their age, their marital status, sexual orientation and maybe a few words about themselves.

So you profile this information
A 50 something, single (or Its complicated) bi-sexual man who is looking to meet other open minded naturist couples for fun times.

Thats pretty much standard. Who would have thought our book club would be that popular.

I do agree that its not only single men who are at fault. Its just , like always, they seem to be in the majority.

(The moron will read this and decide, ironically that I shouldnt be profiling people and Im a moralistic twat..... he is entitled to that opinion.)

This post was edited