Is it OK to make a complement to another nudist

As a nudist is it OK to complement a nudists on their naked bodies? Would you feel comfortable saying it in person at the beach, resort, or in a gathering of other nudist. Or do you feel it is safer in making a complement to a photo that was posted on a website like True Nudist. How personal should the complement be? Should any guild lines be followed.

This topic was edited
RE:Is it OK to make a complement to another nudist

That can be a cautioned area in my opinion. When Luann was brand new to social nudity it scared her when comments from guys about her breast/body ect did not help her entry into her new world. Females hit on her as well but that did not seem to frighten her. I get where she was coming in her words " I've been hit on everyday of my life, just how bad will it be if I'm naked?" I had no answer for her.

Once she became accustomed to the social lifestyle and I could stop being the buffer zone for her she now she thanks whoever and that is that.
I vividly remember a gent that we knew stopped to say hello at our place and said to Luann how nice her boobs were. We both knew he was harmless and all. She thanked him and sadly he passed very shortly after of terminal cancer. I was proud of her how far she came from the start to being kind to someone we had no idea would not be around much longer. How far did she come you may wonder... she once slapped a customer in the store she worked at for putting his hand in her back pants pocket and a comment about her butt to now being a social nudist.

I'd say tread lightly until you get the lay of the land.

This post was edited

As a nudist is it OK to complement a nudists on their naked bodies? Would you feel comfortable saying it in person at the beach, resort, or in a gathering of other nudist. Or do you feel it is safer in making a complement to a photo that was posted on a website like True Nudist. How personal should the complement be? Should any guild lines be followed.

To a complete stranger? Does being naked with naked strangers, even though they are also nudists, make it okay for you to make comments about their bodies that you would not if they were clothed? My wife used to tell people acting inappropriately at our nude beach that, "just because we're naked, doesn't mean you stop being respectful of others." DO NOT make comments about a persons body, clothed or nude.

We have nudist friends that are very close friends. We've known each other for over 25 years. Have we made comments to them, sure but we've known each other for a very long time. The comments have always been general in nature; "lost weight? You look great." "working out, it shows!" " I think you look fabulous, beautiful..." NOT, "your tits/boobs/breasts are really nice" totally inappropriate in my opinion, especially if you don't know the person. Don't let being naked around other nudists excuse common sense, manners and respect.

This post was edited

It would depend on the complement.

I like what youve done with your hair is safe in any scenario. Hey nice tits, isnt.

Ask yourself what you would say (or if you would say anything) if you were at work. Then you wont go wrong.

This post was edited

If you don't know someone well enough to know how they'd take it, it's best not to comment on their bodies. Doesn't matter if they're naked or not.

This post was edited

One that puzzles me that I would like to ask but so far have not is how some people have perfectly even tans.
Do they spend almost all of their outdoor time nude?
How does cutting the grass, doing the gardening, washing the car, etc. get done?

This post was edited

I like the Clothed/Nude guideline posted in this thread and many others. There are guys that will tell a clothed women Nice Tits! Usually not the guy I want to be associated with.

I have complemented peoples bodies but in the context of them telling me what they dont like about their bodies. All of us have something we dont like about our own bodies but that is mostly based on what someone else has deemed as perfect. Part of the beauty of nudity is uncovering our perceived flaws and not being judged by them.

This post was edited

In person, as others have said, do as you would clothed. Compliments are best reserved for things people control - hairdo, smile, sparkle in eye. You do make yourself vulnerable when you undress among others; the best reassurance is a smile, or routine acceptance; a physical compliment, and particularly one focused on just part of the body, by way of welcome or introduction can seem aggressive.

I think it's a little different online, where a smile doesn't work. A general compliment, when what's been posted is a portrait, seems appropriate; when what's been posted is an activity / location shot, the best comment is about the action or the location, not the body. I do get compliments on body parts, which I leave up but find a little disappointing; if that were the preponderance of the comments I got, if would feel offensive and creepy and I'd hesitate to put pics up at all... Gee, wonder why there are so few pics of real women on here?

This post was edited

I had a whole blog post on this... if you're interested in a longer response to this topic, here you go!

This post was edited

While as a rule I think it's wise to refrain from compliments like that, I make exceptions for body art, tattoos and body jewelry. They're meant to be seen and appreciated.

This post was edited

writerguy wrote:
I had a whole blog post on this... if you're interested in a longer response to this topic, here you go!

Great blog! I've bookmarked it.

This post was edited