Why are there so many skeezy topics?

Title, really. There seem to be a lot of topics that default to sexual or borderline sexual conversations that have little if anything to do with nudism or even just decent conversation. Are the forums not moderated or are the rules just really loose? Because when you actually sit down and go through the pages of the various rooms -- there's a lot of skeezy stuff, and it kind of reinforces the public misconception of nudists being a bunch of perverts - and that's bad. Really bad, actually. Why is this stuff allowed to stand here?

This topic was edited
RE:Why are there so many skeezy topics?

I think there's more on TN that's looking for sexual pleasure and to see peoples pics than there are that's actually true nudist and wanting to just chat with like minded people!

This post was edited

Because there are a large percentage of people on here who arent genuine naturists and come here for other reasons than an interest in naturism.

This post was edited

This is my opinion and first hand knowledge of the numbers game for websites.

There are no Forum Moderators. The idea of moderating what people type, topics posted or subject matter seems to imply censorship. If you have censorship, you're more likely not to have people join your site. The more people that join your site, the more money you stand to make. With 10's of thousands or 100's of thousands of members, the site becomes much more lucrative if you go to sell the site. Censoring the sleezy topics falls into censorship and that could cost the owners money. I think, in the beginning, true nudism was the focus but when the money started rolling in, the focus was kicked to the curb. The doors are wide open for non nudists, those that are here for cheap thrills, pervs, trolls and the like. There's always the chance that some of these will be willing to pay to see more. Pretty pathetic really.

This post was edited

There does seem to be a dichotomy between the people who pay and the people who don't pay. Since the only real benefit that paid members get is a chance to see a lot of pictures of naked people, which I personally don't give a rat's ass about, it's those people that pay for the site, not me.

We get a lot of "skeezy topics" here because the more of them there are, the more the non-nudists will come to the site for thrills, and maybe they'll actually spring for the money to see all those pictures. That's my guess, anyway. I mean, there are a few intelligent conversations about cock rings and foreskins among the dross, mainly from newbies who are wondering how they'll fit in if they show up at a nude event. I'll add my two cents to them where I can, and ignore the rest.

This post was edited

Many people are against strict moderators. You can constantly seen posts of user angry because moderators banned them from chat options. People in general dont like to recognize their mistakes. Relaxed rules leads to disorder and inconsistencies. This site should be to socialize through forums, to have fun with games and to discuss interesting topics.

This post was edited

Notice how also the majority are middle aged or elderly men. Intriguing. And whats the with the bi-curious moniker, even in so called christian groups?

This post was edited

TN is like TV programming: mostly garbage with a few good gems. Some people think nudism is about defining labels, whereas others (myself included) think that labels are like those stupid "Hello my name is" stickers that should be removed with clothing if put on at all. Good luck finding your niche; ignore the rest.

This post was edited

Notice how also the majority are middle aged or elderly men. Intriguing. And whats the with the bi-curious moniker, even in so called christian groups?

I had a long detailed reply ready to send, but you know what? I think instead I'll just say this:

Shame on you.

This post was edited

Codebare the answer your question about the sleazy topics Is simply that there are so many sleazy people on TN.

I know exactly the topics you mean, Woodsman knows them, all who have so far commented know them and even Andy knows them. Its because youve labelled them as sleazy. It might be hip to say you dont label people by labelling yourself as a non lable-er.

Turns out labels are quite handy for understanding groups of things.

You can label yourself a naturist as easy as you can label yourself a Jesus loving homophobe.....

or a plumber. If you have no idea how the pipes in your house work then you have misinterpreted what it is to be a plumber.

Its similar with the sleazy people (men) who misinterpret what naturism is on TN .

TN far from moderating the sleazy they attract it, one click on the gallery section brings up a dozen pics of nubile young women. No wonder so many guys get confused.

Some will say if you dont like it move on to another topic or that we should be more accepting of others who are different. I respect this and their decision to continue to swim in a pool full of piss.

I like a cleaner pool myself, but I understand that might be a controversial view.

This post was edited

If you don't like the subject title of a Forum topic , then don't read it . Really it's that simple . Remember , if a Topic subject title comes onto your feed , it means a ' friend ' YOU chose to friend up with became interested in that Topic question or subject matter .

This post was edited