RE:IN MY LIFETIME

So here's a question: Why is it not allowed for their to be men's only establishments, but still totally OK to have women's only places? Why can there be female only fitness chains like "Curves", but any remaining male only place be subject to an uproar?

A very good question indeed. I am not sure if I have a good answer to it, but here's my understanding.
Title 9 applies to "public institutions" such as schools and community centers, and the YMCA considered itself part of the "public good" as a nonprofit organization. Female only fitness chains such as Curves are on the other hand private companies. The differentiation between public and private shifted in 2000 with a landmark Supreme Court ruling that Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has the constitutional right as a private, nonprofit organization to exclude a "homosexual person" from membership in spite of a state law requiring equal treatment of homosexuals, This ruling has not served the now struggling to stay afloat BSA well, giving them a permanent stamp of hyporcrisy in light of how they've hidden thousands of files heterosexual pedophies spanning decades.

Technically men's only establishments are allowed, as exemplifed by adult men's only nudist camps set up as private membership clubs. Men's only golf clubs also remain, but they have lost their ability to host golf tournaments in the name of equality. My personal belief of why there are "Curves" but not a men's only "Chisel" equivilant is that heterosexual men are up against their girlfriends and wives. Feminism proports that women are entitled to their "girls night/girls only" times and spaces whereas men are pilloried with homophobia related for anyhing homosocial on their part.

Finally, it should be noted that Curves claimed to have nearly 10,000 locations worldwide in 2011 but currently has only 367.

This post was edited

If there was a gym I can work out naked in I would always work out naked.They have made insurance and health code standards such that it's almost impossible to operate a gym nude and not go tits up fast. The community standards legal framework says that one complaint about nude bodies results in a change of policy.

But somehow, some clothing optional resorts have a gym and there are clothing optional gyms that cater to gay men. How can they do it when no one else can?
For that matter, I am aware of Crossfit, boxing and bodybuilding gyms that allow men to work out shirtless, but other gyms cite "health codes" for not allowing it, There is a definite inconsistency here.

This post was edited

So here's a question: Why is it not allowed for their to be men's only establishments, but still totally OK to have women's only places? Why can there be female only fitness chains like "Curves", but any remaining male only place be subject to an uproar?A very good question indeed. I am not sure if I have a good answer to it, but here's my understanding.Title 9 applies to "public institutions" such as schools and community centers, and the YMCA considered itself part of the "public good" as a nonprofit organization. Female only fitness chains such as Curves are on the other hand private companies. The differentiation between public and private shifted in 2000 with a landmark Supreme Court ruling that Boy Scouts of America (BSA) has the constitutional right as a private, nonprofit organization to exclude a "homosexual person" from membership in spite of a state law requiring equal treatment of homosexuals, This ruling has not served the now struggling to stay afloat BSA well, giving them a permanent stamp of hyporcrisy in light of how they've hidden thousands of files heterosexual pedophies spanning decades.Technically men's only establishments are allowed, as exemplifed by adult men's only nudist camps set up as private membership clubs. Men's only golf clubs also remain, but they have lost their ability to host golf tournaments in the name of equality. My personal belief of why there are "Curves" but not a men's only "Chisel" equivilant is that heterosexual men are up against their girlfriends and wives. Feminism proports that women are entitled to their "girls night/girls only" times and spaces whereas men are pilloried with homophobia related for anyhing homosocial on their part.Finally, it should be noted that Curves claimed to have nearly 10,000 locations worldwide in 2011 but currently has only 367.

There is a male only equivalent of Curves called Cuts, but it is a much smaller operation.
In their on line promotional literature, they show men working out shirtless, but so do some coed gym chains that don't actually allow it, so the same may be true here.

This post was edited

a man's body is best left naked for physical exercise -- as we have always known. this dressing-to-sweat nonsense is a recent primitive imposition that we shall all laugh about one day . . .

yup. it is simple and obvious........

This post was edited

a man's body is best left naked for physical exercise -- as we have always known. this dressing-to-sweat nonsense is a recent primitive imposition that we shall all laugh about one day . . .yup. it is simple and obvious........

I hope we all are laughing about it before I am too old to work out at the gym!

This post was edited

a man's body is best left naked for physical exercise -- as we have always known. this dressing-to-sweat nonsense is a recent primitive imposition that we shall all laugh about one day . . .yup. it is simple and obvious........I hope we all are laughing about it before I am too old to work out at the gym!

Equally worthwhile would be to get over another silly notion that it is ever necessary for anyone to wear anything in or near a body of water that is used for swimming!

This post was edited

in the 1970s and 1980s i stayed at YMCAs in my travels that had small gym facilities in an approximately 20' x 20' space immediately adjoining the men's locker room: nothing spectacular -- a universal weight machine, some dumb bells, warm up mats, mirrored walls -- but perfectly sufficient for my needs, and others who know that a man's body is best left naked for physical exercise -- as we have always known. this dressing-to-sweat nonsense is a recent primitive imposition that we shall all laugh about one day . . .

this a nice topic--a regular gym having a little side gym next to locker room for those like to workout nude--so it is cool to warmup or workout naked since locker room full of naked men anyway. a very nice topic to discuss this topic. i personally like the idea of a regular gym having a little side gym next to locker room for those like to workout nude. anybody can wander in in a towel just out of or on their way to the shower, and if there are mirrors we can check our symmetry and workout progress. be cool if those who actually go to gym regular and are true nudist could comment on this topic.......

This post was edited

.....................Nothing wrong with a good supportive hug every now and then and some good natured naked banter..............Couldn't agree more. Sadly too many guys won't even hug while clothed let alone naked.

This post was edited

this a nice topic--a regular gym having a little side gym next to locker room for those like to workout nude--so it is cool to warmup or workout naked since locker room full of naked men anyway. a very nice topic to discuss this topic. i personally like the idea of a regular gym having a little side gym next to locker room for those like to workout nude. anybody can wander in in a towel just out of or on their way to the shower, and if there are mirrors we can check our symmetry and workout progress. be cool if those who actually go to gym regular and are true nudist could comment on this topic.......

Side mini-gym off a locker room full of dudes already naked and in towels seems like perfect win-win way to let those of us feeling to workout nude.......

This post was edited

this a nice topic--Side mini-gym off a locker room full of dudes already naked and in towels seems like perfect win-win way to let those of us feeling to workout nude.......

Yeah. A room where nobody has to go into if they don't wanna workout nude but where those who do can go there and meet their naked brothers. Seems like they had the right idea at those places that had this....

This post was edited