Which term do you prefer: naked, nude or clothes free?

I myself am partial to clothes free - the term is descriptive and free of some of the negative connotations that the other two terms can have for many people.

This topic was edited
RE:Which term do you prefer: naked, nude or clothes free?

I dont really care, any work, but I am technically more naturist .

This post was edited

Clothes free for me.

This post was edited

In Germany there is only one word: nackt. In English I would prefer naked maybe only because it sounds like the German word. Nude may be a more polite word. And with clothes free you can say naked without saying it. I think this is funny.

This post was edited

[Clothes Free. To me It emphasizes being and feeling free. And being and feeling free is one of the main reasons why I enjoy Naturism/Nudism.

This post was edited

Depends on who we are speaking to. We both don't have an issue with naked but use nude most often. Clothes free works for those that don't get it, which we encounter more often than we think. Usually, it's a way to describe our lifestyle when people get naturist and naturalist turned around. Even some "nudists" get it wrong!

This post was edited

In Germany there is only one word: nackt. In English I would prefer naked maybe only because it sounds like the German word. Nude may be a more polite word. And with clothes free you can say naked without saying it. I think this is funny.

It is interesting reading how someone for who English is not their first language understands the meaning of these words. Your descriptions make a lot of sense to me, possibly more sense than what some other English people do! I laughed at the clothes-free being a way of saying nackt/naked without actually saying it, I've probably used it like that without actually thinking about why I'd used those particular words to say what I meant.

Nackt/naked does make the most sense in a universal way. But, personally I use nude most often.

This post was edited

Ive always understood that nude means unclothed and naked means unprotected.

Same here. "Naked" most often implies vulnerability.

I've developed a "different" take on the word naked; in great part due to the way my wife and I practice resort nudism.
At the resort, we both get naked right after checking in. We do lay around by the lake; but most of our time is spent doing activities, walking around the resort as we go from the lake (where we boat, board and wade), to the hot-tub inside the main building, to the hiking trails, to the pool area where we swim.

It is not so much about our "state of undress", but the manner in which we practice nudism - in a more active/dynamic way than let's say someone who just statically lays by the pool or lake all day. For me, this contrast is what distinguishes the "nude" from the "naked." When we're "all over" the resort being physically active, it feels "naked" to me; not in a vulnerable way, but more in an "expressive" way.
In short, "nude" is static; "naked" is dynamic. If that makes any sense.

This post was edited

Ive always understood that nude means unclothed and naked means unprotected.In short, "nude" is static; "naked" is dynamic. If that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Might be phraseology we'll use from now on, since we've started a exercise program a little over two months ago. I can hear it now, "hey Di, let's get naked and go for a hike. Afterwards, we'll relax nude by the pool!" ;DD

This post was edited

I can hear it now, "hey Di, let's get naked and go for a hike. Afterwards, we'll relax nude by the pool!" ;DD

Exactly! :)

This post was edited