Have Womens' Attitudes About Their Bodies Changed?

I am a life long nudist and to me it appears that womens' attitudes about their bodies have changed. It appears the the ladies are prouder and more accepting of their special parts and are not making such a concerted effort to cover themselves or keep their legs tightly together. They seem to be very accepting of having natural poses and not needing to twist sideways or place their hand as a cover.
If this is a new attitude among the ladies, I like it very much. To me body acceptance is an important part of the nudist life style and it's good to see the ladies adopting it more and more.
Does anyone else feel that this is a new phenomenon or have I been oblivious to the obvious?

This topic was edited
RE:Have Womens' Attitudes About Their Bodies Changed?

I believe that there is a scale of comfort. My wife is not a "Nudist" but will go to nude venues with me. She is very self conscious of her body. Her theory is "I will never see them again" so she doesn't care but she will not leave the house without a bra on just in case she runs into someone she knows while she is out.

Women who are nudist or are more comfortable with their bodies are more comfortable being seen without a bra for example. And may not wear panties under their dress or skirt knowing that they may be seen while getting in and out of the car or a wind gust.

I know other women who would go braless so long as their nipples didn't show threw their tops but would not be caught dead with out panties on.

So because I have met more nudist since joining a club, I have noticed more braless women. I don't think it is because anything has changed except for me noticing and wondering if they are nudist as well.

This post was edited

We are nearly lifelong nudists. We both were brought up in conservative non nudist households... my wife's was much more strict and conservative. As a young girl, she was always taught, "act like a lady, sit like a lady, nice girls don't do this and don't do that." At 14, she met me in HS. At 16 we were a couple and have been together since then. When we married at 20, we began our nudist life. She's been a willing participant in all the things we do relative to nudism.

She initially took on some of those traits and practices of sitting like a lady when we became social nudists and visited the beach, clubs and resorts. She would contort herself in different ways not to expose too much of her vagina. We discussed it and she reminded me of her upbringing and how it was going to take some time to put that way back in the back of her mind. In time she became much more relaxed and has a better attitude about her body but still has issues with body image as we get older. He attitude renews when we visit the beach, clubs and resorts and she sees other women just like her. It's a renewed confidence.

It's troubling when there are those within our community and lifestyle, think that when a woman sits comfortably and her legs are spread open slightly that it's automatically considered "spread eagle" by some. My wife routinely sits with her legs spread open and it's a comfortable position for her, as I suspect it is for many women. Sitting with legs spread isn't always spread eagle/sexual. I'd been told, here, that "guys sit like that all the time, but women don't." I totally disagree with that and as you can see by some of the pictures I've posted in this group, there are many women who are sitting comfortably and their legs are spread. I think it's not only an attitude change but shows confidence in who they are.

This post was edited

She initially took on some of those traits and practices of sitting like a lady when we became social nudists and visited the beach, clubs and resorts. She would contort herself in different ways not to expose too much of her vagina.

Andy, you and I have discussed before how your wife and my first went through almost the same exact process. Indeed, when my wife was introduced to nudism she was told - by an older "old school" nudist - about "ladylike posture." My wife took it to heart and initially always sat/laid with her legs closed or crossed. Until one day she nearly fell over while trying to get up from her lounge chair without opening her legs. That led to a discussion and her subsequently rejecting the idea of "ladylike postures." She found that she physically was just more comfortable with her legs slightly open; and that she enjoyed nudism much more when she wasn't so concerned about "how much" other people saw. And philosophically, it didn't make sense to her to keep her labia hidden when male genitals were not. So she started practicing nudism with with the idea that her labia - as a natural part of her nude body - should not not be hidden; and that a truly natural body posture - for her - would often mean that her labia would be visible. I felt she was correct.

My current wife did not have the same experience. At the first resort she visited there were women there shaved and sunbathing with their legs open. So her experience from the start was that "not hiding the labia" was a normal part of the nudist experience. And as a result she has not second-guessed sitting/lying with her legs open.
So yes; times are a-changing and the old "ladylike posture" etiquette is being pretty much relegated to the past as "unnecessary modesty."

This post was edited

Luann with an "open view " will probably won't happen in my life time that I can see in a public setting. She being shy and conservative by nature has always been guarded from her upbringing. Just the way she is made. No diss intended to anyone who is more free spirited. This is the girl that lives nude, host nude get togethers but will not go to town without a bra on. Once again she is my enigma. :D

This post was edited

Luann with an "open view " will probably won't happen in my life time that I can see in a public setting.

On a side note: I was having a conversation once with a young lady who said she never practiced nudism with an "open view." When she explained that the "style" of nudism she practiced was social with friends, it made sense to me. Sitting open-legged right in front of a friend requires a level of confidence "above and beyond." Not everyone is going to be comfortable with that; regardless of how confident they usually are.
For a more activity-oriented nudist, like my wife, maintaining a "closed-leg" posture would be nearly impossible. Especially when out on the lake paddle-boarding. And she's ok with that. Yet she certainly would not have a sit-down conversation with her legs open in front of another nudist either.

As I've said before, a woman's confidence with nudity is not always measured by how "open the view" is. It's just one aspect. Luann's confidence hosting nude and Liz's confidence straddling a paddle-board are both "naked confidence." They're just expressed in different ways.

This post was edited

On the topic of how women sit while nude: Our first visit to a nudist resort we told the guy there that it was our first trip to a nudist resort and he went over the rules. He said it was ok for women to sit comfortably but said, "No one really wants to look up your birth canal." I figure that's a good way to put it, though I'm sure some people that go to nudist places would enjoy that. You can sit comfortable but you don't have to be opened up for the whole world to see.

This post was edited

Well put Nudony

This post was edited