Inconsistencies

I have seen some clothing optional resorts in Florida that say that state law requires that clothing be worn in the gym and/or indoor areas where food is served. Others allow nudity in these area. Does anyone know the reason for these differences.
I suspect that it is that some resorts use state law to enforce their personal preferences.
I had an example of this when I asked the manager of a small resort if it would be a problem if I wore very brief swimwear. She said it would not, but state law required that I wear something.
I know this is also true in NJ. I have seen signs saying that state law requires clothing in certain business establishments away from the shore while similar businesses near the beach permit shirtless men.

This topic was edited
RE:Inconsistencies

It shouldn't be hard to actually research state law on this issue. And bear in mind that every subdivision of the state (county or municipal) might have their own regulations that aren't actually law, because they haven't been enacted by the legislature, but have been pretty much ordained by one agency or another. One of the advantages of a club is that they usually keep track of the various rules in their area. But my guess is that when they're quoting "state law" they're either confusing state law with local regulations, or bending the rules to suit their tastes or their clientele.

This post was edited
RE:Inconsistencies

When at our local resort and having lunch the servers and preparers have to be clothed. The local health department code for the county is the enforcer. Some the laws are state wide while others are county by county. Example: I am in favor of my cooks wearing hair nets. My wife has real long hair and she cooks at home I get hairs a couple of times a year. LOL

Here in WASHINGTON state the law does not allow nudity and alcohol in the same space. My local drama theatre serves wine in the lobby, and in the past if a show had nudity they would say no wine that night. Then the fools at the state said if they have any nudity even without wine being sold they were in violation. So all shows there now have no nudity. Nude improv comedy nights were funny.

Too bad those are gone at this struggling little theatre.

This post was edited