I'm new to this.

Hello everyone. I'm very new to this in the sense that I have never been nude in a group setting or with anyone. I love being nude at home and sleeping nude. As I am sure most people were at the beginning, I'm a little nervous about being nude in a group setting yet it sounds so freeing. Being that it's something new and I have a bit of a body complex it's a bit overwhelming. Any pointers or direction would be greatly appreciated! Also, as far as my account here, if I'm not a paying member does that mean I can't update my profile? I'd like to add my stats and pictures. I would love to make new friends and have help easing into this lifestyle.

This topic was edited
RE:I'm new to this.

Hi and welcome to both TrueNudists and being a nudist. It really is a great lifestyle. As far as updating any of your status here you can certainly do that without being paying.

This post was edited

You can do most things without being a subscribed member. Subscribing mostly gets you access to seeing more photos. Certification is a basically a nod of respect towards others here that's not strictly necessary. It gets you access to a couple of extra rooms in the forum that don't really get used much.

There've been a couple people here in this newbie area who've asked similar questions to you over the last couple of weeks and have gotten some answers. The topics will be right on top and easy to find if you want to start there :).

Welcome to the site and to starting this. Let us know if you have any other questions. Don't be afraid to message people or try the chat out. I suggest reading a profile before you message that person though, as they may have a number of personal rules about contacting them. Some folks are particularly persnickety and block-happy.

This post was edited

Also, some members limit access to their profile to certified members only. Some groups are also certified only, but not that many. I have chosen not to be certified because once you post a picture on the internet it can wind up anywhere. I was here a long time before I became a paying member, but then I decided that since I used the site a lot, I should contribute toward its upkeep.

This post was edited

Welcome.

Regarding being nude in social settings, it really is much easier and less traumatic than what you imagine. The real obstacle is your imagination. Once you do it youll wonder what was holding you back. Try it, youll like.

This post was edited

Don't be nervous :-). My husband comes from 3 generations of nudists. Myself, 10 years. Though he didn't go socially until he was 18 or so. He's 42 now and has never had any set backs in life for being who he is. For me, I was nervous going social as well. A good percentage of us are for the first time :-).

Go to a great nudist resort one time and give it a chance and meet some of the friendliest people you will ever know. Accept being accepted within minutes of arriving. Everyone has one thing in common, no social barriers by the clothes you were or the way that your body is shaped. We're all beautiful on the outside. It only matters what's on the inside that matters (luv).

~Brittany

This post was edited

Hello and welcome ;)

This post was edited

I have chosen not to be certified because once you post a picture on the internet it can wind up anywhere.

Except certification pictures are not posted anywhere. They are only used for verification.

This post was edited

Thank you for the warm welcome.

This post was edited

Go to a nudist resort or beach and after 5 minute its all behind you. You will have a great time.

This post was edited

Go to a nudist resort or beach and after 5 minute its all behind you. You will have a great time.

Wasn't that quick for me, but by my second or third visit, I was fine.

This post was edited