Be Yourself

I learn that the more we open wherever we go with everybody how we prefer to be naked the more they don't mine we naked and the more dudes then we meet who also prefer to live naked is open about it too--and then we all get comfortable. When I move in with my uncle when i was 15 this impress me how he don't cover up at home when dudes come over and tell me don't cover up either--even with those ain't get naked with us here--some do some don't--but always here in our house we live how we live and don't change that for anybody coming over to our house. Of course this only about males--females never because obviously that can get you in trouble females might later claim we force this on them and this happen or that happen--and female always got the right to say they prefer not to see naked man ain't they husband or BF--so we only naked here with females if they coming here for sex with us. But any males coming over they all knowing they gonna be with naked dudes here, and they welcome to get naked with us if they want or not if they don't want to, and they all good with that.

This topic was edited
RE:Be Yourself

Absolutely 100% correct. I'm of the mindset that truly, if a guy is being honest with himself, most all guys like being naked. It's comfortable. Your uncle has the right idea. It's your place. You like being naked? Be naked. Those who don't like it are free to leave. It's quite simple. Nudity CAN be about sex but it doesn't have to be and isn't always. I think if more guys gave communal, fraternal nudity a chance, they'd be amazed how much they enjoyed it.

This post was edited

There's a paradox of men being naked around one another. You'd think it would make men weaker and more vulnerable without clothes and all the posturing, but instead it makes us stronger when we can just be our authentic selves. People want to take away our power by making us afraid of each other - insinuating that nudity among men is about sex. If it is, that's a moot point. The fact is that naked brotherhood affirms posititive male sexuality. However it's expresssed, it's a good thing to have and be. We belong to each other as our naked selves, always have, always will. I really appreciate Sandrolino for expressing this so well.

This post was edited

I practice my naked ways wherever I can and let the chips fall. Dudes who can't handle it are dudes I don't need to know. (Although in the Navy got to play it carefully because getting along in close quarters the priority--but I do ok being myself definitely!)

This post was edited

atoneandy wrote:There's a paradox of men being naked around one another. You'd think it would make men weaker and more vulnerable without clothes and all the posturing, but instead it makes us stronger when we can just be our authentic selves.

A corollary to that is that the lack of clothing strips away many of the indicators of status, because clothes can be marks of that status. By looking at a clothed man, you can often tell whether he's rich or poor, high-level executive or assembly line worker, policeman or nurse. He may also be wearing emblems of his political party or religion. All those clues disappear when he's seen naked.

The same goes for women, too, of course.

This post was edited

I learn that the more we open wherever we go with everybody how we prefer to be naked the more they don't mine we naked and the more dudes then we meet who also prefer to live naked is open about it too--and then we all get comfortable. When I move in with my uncle when i was 15 this impress me how he don't cover up at home when dudes come over and tell me don't cover up either--even with those ain't get naked with us here--some do some don't--but always here in our house we live how we live and don't change that for anybody coming over to our house. Of course this only about males--females never because obviously that can get you in trouble females might later claim we force this on them and this happen or that happen--and female always got the right to say they prefer not to see naked man ain't they husband or BF--so we only naked here with females if they coming here for sex with us. But any males coming over they all knowing they gonna be with naked dudes here, and they welcome to get naked with us if they want or not if they don't want to, and they all good with that.

see it really is very simple: do what thou wilt. hilarious to me all the hoary philosophizing around living with your clothes off like every other creature on earth, and all the attempts to assert some sort of fantasy of intellectual authority over what comes naturally to everybody . . .

This post was edited

Yes be thyself. Yesterday a friend of mine died after a battle with cancer. I asked his wife about his teachings and she reminded me of something she overheard him say:

If I had to live life over again, I'd do it all the same but without worrying about it.

Be thyself. There are no dress codes in heaven or however you may define the life hereafter, so let's worry less about them now too. RIP Arthur.

This post was edited

see it really is very simple: do what thou wilt. hilarious to me all the hoary philosophizing around living with your clothes off like every other creature on earth, and all the attempts to assert some sort of fantasy of intellectual authority over what comes naturally to everybody . . .

Is that simple? If it were so simple how is it that so many people are still not able to get naked? And we're not like every other creature on earth, stripping clothes away doesn't return us to a primordial state. Don't like amateur philosophy, don't read it... as if you did not also, "what comes naturally to everybody" is a philosophical position. And again, does it?

This post was edited

Being oneself, yourself, means something different for each person (stating the obvious).

Some people exert a lot of effort trying to be an idealized version of their father or mother, or an admixture of both until it drains them to their core. Others fight tooth and nail to defy everything their parent(s) represent or represented.

The Self-Help/Psychology industry is chockful of self-proclaimed gurus, influencers, and sham artists selling books and workshops of "Being Your True Self" when oftentimes they're struggling with their own identity.

Being yourself is an ongoing process, not static. What fulfilled you in 2018/2019 might not be the same during a pandemic and beyond.

Being yourself begins with knowing what brings you joy, what causes sadness, and your boundaries.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (as goes the statement oftentimes used in wellness and psychology circles).

Nudism (can/does/hopefully) strips away a lot of the pretense we have about ourselves in the clothed world, however, those uncomfortable being exposed emotionally and spiritually might have a tougher journey ahead.

Being yourself -- can you quiet your inner critic and stand in the middle of a farm or the forest nude and not judge yourself (especially exhibitionists)?

This post was edited

see it really is very simple

Yup. Clothes on = dressed. Clothes off = naked. I prefer naked. Simple to me........

This post was edited

Simple, but not easy!
There are two great fears in life, fear of dying and fear of living!
Fear of living is so often the fear of rejection from others.
We are taught to respect others, in doing so we can become obsessed with not offending others, but the two are completely different issues.
We tend to live life concerned with what others may think. when we do we imprison ourselves in our own fear.
When we come to an understanding that we can be respectful of other and be free to be ourselves at the same time we can experience a whole new sense of freedom in life, not being afraid to live.
Nudism, the choosing to strip off the outer covering, to reveal our true self to the rest of the world is an expression of our freedom to live in a new sense of personal freedom in life.
We fear who we share our nudism with because we fear rejection. In doing so we imprison ourselves, fear of being ourselves, fear of offending others.
It is nothing more than a self inflicted bondage.
Nudism is a form of respecting ourselves. Is that not just as important as respecting others? Being who you are for YOU may be simple but not always easy.
It can take a lot of courage, but the reward is so liberating!
It is the choice of others to be offended!

This post was edited