When will you be comfortable going back to Island Spa?

Now that people are getting vaccinated, I've seen some renewed interest in getting together at Island Spa. Most people are still reluctant for large groups but are thinking about going with one or two friends. I would like to know what your comfort level is. If you are interested in meeting people, please reply with the size of group you are comfortable with and when you would be willing to go. I'll start...I would be OK with 1-3 other vaccinated people on a weekday.

This topic was edited
RE:When will you be comfortable going back to Island Spa?

I plan to go back on Saturday April 10. That will be long enough after my second dose that I should be in the clear. I'll still follow all the guidelines and keep my distance from folks, though, so a small group will be okay. Maybe 3 or 4.

This post was edited

Might be heading over to island on Thursday March 18th. Is there anything I should know before heading over there? Thanks in advance

This post was edited

I can't make it this week. I will try to go one day next week. A few people have posted on the group about their visits and were very happy with the precautions in place. Maybe someone has a different, more recent experience.

This post was edited

Couldn't make over to island this morning. Had to rush back to Pennsylvania. I'm willing to go,just post ahead of time so i can plan it. Thanks guys. I have been going to chung dam spa last few months anyone else??

This post was edited

During my last time there the wet/jacuzzi area was open, yet the dry sauna and humid steam room were both closed. Perhaps, current health guidelines do not include full permission for spa establishments to open up sauna or steam rooms. I have recently been to other spa environments in Palisades Park, Fort Lee, Butler, and Fairlawn and they all do have their sauna and steam rooms operating, yet perhaps not adhering to directives as much as Island Spa is. Island takes temperature at door and scans driver's license for contact tracing. In terms of group size, the number of people permitted in the locker room/wet area is not as limited as one would presume for these moments.

Covid regulations vary by state. While NJ is generally more restrictive than FL, they may not be in this area.
Also, is the jacuzzi outdoors? That could make a difference.

This post was edited

The web site says the saunas and steam are open. They were closed last I heard so there must have either been a change in protocols or the web site is wrong. I suspect the protocols were changed. I know they are following the State guidelines while the Palisades Park spas have always bent the rules. I'm hoping to go this week. Message me if you are interested.

This post was edited

Keep up us informed about the status of the sauna's and steam rooms. If they are now allowed to be used again that is great news. I always enjoyed the sauna's and steams when going to these types of establishments. If they are working again, I will definitely be visiting Island Spa real soon.

This post was edited

I have not been to Island Spa yet. I used to go to Star Spa in Palisades but it was quite a hike for me. Hopefully by this summer it will be safe to visit. Please keep updating us on this place. Thank you.

This post was edited

I plan to be going soon. I get my 2nd shot in 2 weeks. I love it there.

This post was edited