Island Spa visit on March 30, 2021

I was at Island Spa today and was impressed with what they are doing. I was greeted at the door where an employee took my temperature and had me answer some questions. All the desk people are behind plexiglass. As always, the place is clean. All the employees wore their masks properly and everything is well marked for social distancing. A few notes:

1. Masks are required throughout the facility except for the wet area where it is impractical to wear them.
2. The steam room and saunas are all open. They are all marked with occupancy limits, mostly 3 people. The tubs are also limited to 3 people with the spots to sit clearly marked (one person seemed to miss them).
3. The juice bar and restaurant are open.
4. There is only one table in the massage/body scrub area.
5. The lounge chairs in the wet area are in the same places which are less than 6 feet apart. I didn't see anyone disinfecting them between uses as the web site indicates.
6. They told me occupancy is limited to 50% but the place was nowhere near that.
7. All the common area saunas, except the ice room, had the doors propped open, I'm guessing this is for ventilation purposes.
8. One of the media rooms and half the yoga room were closed.
9. The showers now have soap dispensers instead of the bottles on the floor. Every other station on the wall without dividers were marked as closed.
10. The common area chairs, couches and lounges are well distanced and everyone was properly separated.
11. They keep the shower amenities and small towels behind the desk at the locker room entrance. You have to ask for them.
12. The water cooler does not have cups and the sign says to use your own bottle for filling.

I am fully vaccinated so I was very comfortable with the place. Almost the entire time, there were 5 or less other people in the wet area and the tubs rarely had more than one person. I'm looking forward to going again.

This topic was edited
RE:Island Spa visit on March 30, 2021

Thank you for the update. I plan to go this summer and now I feel more comfortable going.

This post was edited

Sounds great. Really glad you had a good time. I'm on my way to get my 2d dose right now. Planning a trip back to the Island on Sat Apr 10!

This post was edited

Thanks for the detailed review. This was really informative Felt like I was there as you described each section. Will definitely have to get there soon.

This post was edited

Nice! I havent been in ages. I need to go again.

This post was edited

I havent been however Im curious to check it out.

This post was edited