RE:How many think Biden is ruining this country?

It's amazing where people get their ,news" from. All sides. Honest reporting no longer exists.

This post was edited

Thanks KonamiCode. Youve laid out many of the reasons I am a former Republican. The Republican Party left me, I didnt leave it, the party is not in the slightest bit recognizable from even just a few decades ago. It it interesting to me that the party jumped up and down before and during Trumps term in office about needing to invest big in infrastructure but did absolutely nothing about it, just like nothing else worthwhile or that did any good got done while he was in office. Now Biden puts together a plan and they are horrified at the idea of investing in infrastructure. I will not disagree that there are areas that need to be negotiated and maybe trimmed from Bidens plan. But it seems most of congress a y many people have forgotten that this is the first step in actually getting things done correctly where a proposal is put together that asks for abcdef and g. The part that has been forgotten is that you then work to negotiate and in the end come up with something that has abdfgh and i. No one gets everything they want but its a, uh oh theres that dirty word, compromise. Instead congress members more often than not no longer represent their constituents, instead its party first. My own congressman does not even live in our district and regularly votes completely opposite the way the majority of voters in the district feel. Ive had many email back and forths with him and all I can say is he does not give a shit (please excuse the language) about his constituents, only about himself.

I along with many others said in 2016 that Trump wanted to be King. But it really turned out he wanted to be dictator. Many of those still supporting him do not realize theyve been duped. Hes been using the same playbook used by Putin and other dictators including Hitler to dupe the populace into supporting their takeover. January 6 just proved it.

This post was edited

...... Now Biden puts together a plan and they are horrified at the idea of investing in infrastructure.

Trump is old news and is increasingly irrelevant now. The problem with any infrastructure plan regardless of who suggests it is that unless infrastructure money is restricted to actual infrastructure instead of a whole bunch of other non related things, enormous amounts of money will again be wasted and working people will be on the hook to pay for this waste.
Infrastructure spending was a key part of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) with shovel ready projects yet infrastructure is far worse today then it was back in 2009. Where did all of that money go to? Why do people continue to ignore history when every few years there is a demand for infrastructure spending only to have infrastructure further decay regardless of the amount of money allegedly spent on it and no real accountability for the money. When will people learn.

This post was edited

Accountability is created by the electoral system, ideally - representatives running in competitive districts. Gerrymandered districts and polarized, geographically sorted politics work against that, and either party can run pretty far off the rails before there's any real accountability at all - and then, it's all or nothing. Trump, sorry to say, is NOT old news, although one gets tired of talking about him, because his hold on the Republican party is still strong, and he stands ready to attack any member who attempts to work across the aisle, or even check in with external reality occasionally. (And yes, it's just a republican problem - the Democrats aren't talking about penalizing, censuring, or challenging their members - Manchin and Sinema come to mind - who voice a desire to work in a bipartisan way.)

This post was edited

My gas is already going to cost me hundreds of dollars more this year at the current price and its still going up!!!
I'm in retail and already seeing product price changes going up as well! :(

This post was edited

My gas is already going to cost me hundreds of dollars more this year at the current price and its still going up!!!I'm in retail and already seeing product price changes going up as well! :(

But how is this Bidens fault? Could you clarify for us?

This post was edited

Maybe because of shutting down the Excel pipeline and stopping drilling on federal ground?

This post was edited

so true my friend. America needs to get back to America. one that takes care of its needs.not to divide us.working together for a common good

This post was edited

Your buddy Mr. TRUMP fucked up this country and I don't care who replaced him, they ALL would have had a mess to clean up. In all of my life I have never seen a president that divided this country the way that man did. He has zero respect for the American people and zero respect for this country and zero respect from me.

This post was edited

Maybe because of shutting down the Excel pipeline and stopping drilling on federal ground?

The Excel pipeline was a pipeline that transported Canadian crude to the New Orleans area to be shipped overseas. It would have supplied no gasoline quality crude to the USA. And the drilling on federal land impact is so far in the future that there is no immediate impact. Could it be that as more people are getting vaccinated, due to Biden, that more people are starting to travel and the oil companies are taking advantage of the demand? Hmmmmmm, I think that's how capitalism works, supply and demand.

This post was edited